Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering how many of you that have weight issues (or don't have weight issues) and are still hassled about your weight from family, friends, co workers, etc. Share your stories here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
I talked about this in another thread but I was recently dating a man who seemed to find me extremely attractive until one night during a conversation he said (and I do not lie!): "Now, don't get your feelings hurt about what I'm going to say b/c this has nothing to do with you and your problems, but I recently read an article that said that grotesquely obese people. . ." Yes he really did use the term grotesquely obese. I have about 30 lbs I need to lose. Needless to say we are no longer a couple. Later he said that he had no idea that I have such an enormous hang-up about my weight. LOL, I was running around nekkid before that comment. Not no more.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I talked about this in another thread but I was recently dating a man who seemed to find me extremely attractive until one night during a conversation he said (and I do not lie!): "Now, don't get your feelings hurt about what I'm going to say b/c this has nothing to do with you and your problems, but I recently read an article that said that grotesquely obese people. . ." Yes he really did use the term grotesquely obese. I have about 30 lbs I need to lose. Needless to say we are no longer a couple. Later he said that he had no idea that I have such an enormous hang-up about my weight. LOL, I was running around nekkid before that comment. Not no more.
Wow. Just wow. Why did he get involved with you knowing that you have extra weight? What a manipulative a-hole. Glad you got rid of him.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Wow. Just wow. Why did he get involved with you knowing that you have extra weight? What a manipulative a-hole. Glad you got rid of him.
Me too. Wanna know the worst? I had just lost 5 lbs! (And had gained no weight during the relationship.)

So do you have a story or are you going to weight [sic] to hear a few first?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,594,265 times
I think everyone gets comments about their weight. I'm 5'11" and a size 6. I run daily, and consider myself fit, but people still feel the need to comment on my weight.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 AM

6,457 posts, read 7,791,376 times
Quote:
Sounds like a real smooth talker. He must be a charmer at parties.

I'm a pretty fit mofo but a few extra lbs on a lady is OK with me...you can run around my place nekkid all you want.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Me too. Wanna know the worst? I had just lost 5 lbs! (And had gained no weight during the relationship.)

So do you have a story or are you going to weight [sic] to hear a few first?
Well, I'm thin except for a bit of a belly. My mother feels the need to mention it every time I see her, and tells me how she can tell I'm getting heavier and how I should watch myself. I really don't care if I gain weight. I'd worry about my health but I worry about it otherwise anyway. There are thin people who are more unhealthy than heavy people. But I have no interest in trying to please other people visually.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:24 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,703 times
Today my coworkers mentioned that I have become really skinny and need to stop whatever it is that I'm doing. I don't mind their comments; I use them as workout fuel.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:56 PM

361 posts, read 724,965 times
People are amazed at why I'm not gaining weight but rather staying at the same constant for years now. I'm not doing anything special; it's just difficult for me to gain any weight, no matter what I eat .

And there are other people who can be very mean to you because they think "you're doing it on purpose and starving yourself" to look this way. :smack
I think they should just mind their business and leave other people alone!

Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
People are amazed at why I'm not gaining weight but rather staying at the same constant for years now. I'm not doing anything special; it's just difficult for me to gain any weight, no matter what I eat .

And there are other people who can be very mean to you because they think "you're doing it on purpose and starving yourself" to look this way. :smack
I think they should just mind their business and leave other people alone!
I remember those days too. Do you have a fast metabolism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness