Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:58 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch8489 View Post
So I've been active and in shape all my life, but lately I've been loosing my motivation. It's been going for a couple of months and I'm myself not ok with it.

What are your go to/ every day routine exercises?

Also, what makes you keep going and doing it every day?

Thank you for all and any responses
The mirror and how I feel. Vanity is the greatest motivator besides health to keep exercising.
I have never been a runner, though I have run in a few 5k's and a few sprint triathlons. Other than that I absolutely hate it and its not for lack of trying. I have WANTED to love running my whole life. I do love to swim and cycle though. If you do like to run however, think about signing up for a race. It will keep you motivated to train for it.
Do you live in a scenic, hilly area? If so, get hiking.
I do not know if you have access to a gym, but if so try some new classes - spinning, boot camp, etc...

The main thing you need to do is want to exercise and if you do something you do not like you will not want to. So find something that you enjoy and push yourself every time you do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 11:00 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch8489 View Post
So I've been active and in shape all my life, but lately I've been loosing my motivation. It's been going for a couple of months and I'm myself not ok with it.

What are your go to/ every day routine exercises?

Also, what makes you keep going and doing it every day?

Thank you for all and any responses
I exercise with a specific goal in mind and so what I do may not be applicable to you.

Great stress reliever, better than drinking and as good as sex. Plenty of happy hormones created.[aggressive ones as well] Plenty of energy. The intense concentration required to do things properly so there are no injuries carries over into everyday life.

Sometimes I have not wanted to go[sleepy if early, overworked if late in the day] but I still go and within a few minutes of warmup and starting weights or stride and the competitive spirit comes out. Happened this morning. I wanted to go but thought about slacking on the first exercise which is not an easy one. But I did it and did it well as usual.

Last edited by Felix C; 07-17-2015 at 11:09 AM..

Old 07-20-2015, 11:52 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
I love tennis, walking/hiking, swimming and just plain home workouts. Crunch variations, squats, weight workout also. I try to walk everyday at least 2 miles which isnt very long and a cardio routine at least every other day. Im motivated to stay healthy, strong and I feel great after workouts.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:00 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
When my wife and I went on our vacation/honeymoon a few weeks ago, I got little exercise, drank too much, and ate too much greasy food. I had definitely put on the vacation chub and when I got home, I was 2 pounds over my squeal weight. I noticed I had developed an unattractive gut which was more toned before the vacation, and was not happy at all. I told my wife I was fat and was going to do something about it, because I refuse to look like a cow or buy bigger clothes.

After reassuring me that I still looked hot (which I don't, although I appreciated her being sweet), I went back to my gym and started running on the treadmill, something I had been also slacking on as of late, choosing instead to do easier workouts at home. I got to the gym and the dry erase board directly in front of me was all the motivation I needed to get back in the saddle. One particular admonishment stood out to me. "Suck it up now so you won't have to suck it in later." That made me run faster, and I've been going consistently again since
Attached Thumbnails
Need motivation, favorite workouts-pep-talk-board.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness