Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 01:47 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Actually, the show is not on Youtube anymore - it's been taken down due to copyright infringement.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Most people cannot eat like an obese person does without becoming obese.
If I go on YouTube right now, I see plenty of episodes. Maybe they pull it and people put it back up. I've randomly watched it multiple times over the past year and I've never had a problem finding an episode to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:42 AM

32 posts, read 25,331 times
I'm naturally thin, always have been. I probably eat about 2500 calories a day - sometimes more. I eat vegetarian (have for over 10 years now - though that didn't effect my weight), mostly drink water, coffee and tea (rarely any soda, sometimes juice), I don't snack more than a piece of chocolate or a few chips every once in a while, I usually even eat pasta or other carbs for dinner although I usually eat at around 6pm. I don't exercise much and I have an office job. Although I did notice that with being less active (I used to do a lot of sports when I was younger) and hitting 30 I gained a few pounds but nothing to worry about. I'm about 5'4 and weigh about 100 pounds. I don't do anything to not gain weight but I do feel less fit and weaker than I used to be when I did more sports so therefore I want to be active again. I have a hard time gaining weight and I usually only lose weight if I am sick (then I lose rapidly though).
Generally speaking I think that assuming thin people undereat is like saying all overweight people overeat - I don't think that's true.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:01 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesdra View Post
I'm naturally thin, always have been. I probably eat about 2500 calories a day - sometimes more. I eat vegetarian (have for over 10 years now - though that didn't effect my weight), mostly drink water, coffee and tea (rarely any soda, sometimes juice), I don't snack more than a piece of chocolate or a few chips every once in a while, I usually even eat pasta or other carbs for dinner although I usually eat at around 6pm. I don't exercise much and I have an office job. Although I did notice that with being less active (I used to do a lot of sports when I was younger) and hitting 30 I gained a few pounds but nothing to worry about. I'm about 5'4 and weigh about 100 pounds. I don't do anything to not gain weight but I do feel less fit and weaker than I used to be when I did more sports so therefore I want to be active again. I have a hard time gaining weight and I usually only lose weight if I am sick (then I lose rapidly though).
Generally speaking I think that assuming thin people undereat is like saying all overweight people overeat - I don't think that's true.
I think this is where people go wrong in their thinking.

You are thin because you eat a normal amount of calories everyday. I do the same, hence why I haven't gained any of the weight back that I lost over a year ago and why I am still thin. The "naturally thin" that is implied on this thread is that there are extremely thin people who eat thousands upon thousands of calories per day and/or eat tons of pizza, soda, candy, ice cream, etc. Unless those people are also very active, this is not a likely scenario. That is what people are saying.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:53 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:

How many calories do you eat EXACTLY? People grossly under- or over-estimate the number of calories that they eat daily.

You aren't under-eating - but you aren't overeating either.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:21 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Im curious? How does one become overweight if it isn't overeating?

Old 07-27-2015, 07:27 AM

396 posts, read 512,936 times
Quote:
Im curious? How does one become overweight if it isn't overeating?
There are those with legitimate medical conditions that can cause them to be overweight (hypothyroidism and Cushing's syndrome as examples). Certain medications can cause weight gain. And for women, the metabolic changes that often accompany menopause can cause weight gain as well as difficulty shedding pounds. Your caloric intake at 30 may have to be modified at 50, even if there have been no other changes to physical activity. However, for the majority, it's taking in too many calories coupled with lack of exercise.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:29 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
yeah. I notice fatties blame that thyroid a lot nowadays. Tend to be women. Guys just say I like to eat.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:39 AM

440 posts, read 377,947 times
When you type "ectomorph" on Google and look for pictures all you see is thin guys with fit bodies. That's absolutley not the way most of us, naturally thin people look like.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:20 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
yeah. I notice fatties blame that thyroid a lot nowadays. Tend to be women. Guys just say I like to eat.
Hypothyroidism and difficulty losing weight is a legit medical condition.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:58 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
Or do thin people just not eat as much as they say they do?

For years, I thought I had a fast metabolism, but I've monitored my diet and I probably eat just two "big" meals a day (what I consider big anyway) I hardly eat breakfast, and I mostly drink my cals (soda is love) or eat candy (which is usually considered empty calories anyway) I honestly don't think I eat over a thousand calories. Makes me wonder about other skinny minnies that think they're naturally thin, when really they're just unintentionally under-eating.

I been thin all my life, I tend graze throughout the day myself, never was one for three big meals... Ugh! .... I consume an all organic diet~~..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness