Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 07:24 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Rachel looks awazing on the cover of that magazine. Yeah, I agree that she'd probably be in bikini or fitness today. Fitness IMO is where most of the most beautiful are. The bodybuilding women (especially the bigger ones) are just freaky to me.

Cory Everson was pretty good back in her day. She looks HORRIBLE now. I see her every now and then around the neighborhood.
I am willing to bet a lot of 57 years old women would be happy to look that "horrible."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
If I were inclined to date again and met one of these women ,and took an interest in me, I would be deeply honored.
Some one with that much self discipline is hard to find.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:47 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
Lately the focus of this thread has been on their implants. On one hand, I love the way they look. But lets be honest. Their entire life has to evolve around their training in order to look like this. Of course they will see implants as another tool to get the figure that their life revolves around.

Are they happy? If yes...they are doing the right thing.

What about their lives after the competitions? I wonder about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
Really? I havent heard or seen much about her these days tbh.

I think a lot of these women do attract other fit people too. A lot of like minded people will gravitate towards one another. Even guys who date girls that don't workout, I see them bringing their gfs to the weight room and try and teach them how to lift weights. For me I wasn't prompted by a relationship to pursue my fitness goals or lifting weights. I did it on my own out of personal interest. When you spend lots of time in the week at a gym you get to know the regulars so it makes sense. Lots of bodybuilders date others. Bodybuilder and physique men, date lots of figure and physique women.

I guess these women just like maintaining their breasts because they are a feminine trait that women have and regardless of 'losing' them when they become more lean and fit, they still like the look of them being there vs. them being flat. I don't want to criticize or shame them. Most women have a fear of losing their chest size when losing weight.

I agree. When they are really lean, their breasts look more 'balloon' like and prominent, but in off season at a higher bf% they look fine imo. Some women I didn't even know had implants but they loo real and natural.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I don't live in her neighborhood, but I have seen her in recent video clips and she looks fine to me. Remember, she's 57 years old. What is horrible about her?
She's had some of the worst facial plastic surgeries Ive ever seen.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:25 AM

506 posts, read 958,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Lately the focus of this thread has been on their implants. On one hand, I love the way they look. But lets be honest. Their entire life has to evolve around their training in order to look like this. Of course they will see implants as another tool to get the figure that their life revolves around.

Are they happy? If yes...they are doing the right thing.

What about their lives after the competitions? I wonder about that.
Yeah, I honestly don't think implants are as bad or should be 'demonized' as people make them out to be. Its that woman's personal choice to get them if she wants to, and if she is happy, then good for her. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Other than the implants, I think these womens bodies are amazing. They are healthy and strong and I'm sure happy with themselves and their work they put in to being healthy and fit. And not everyone will find this look attractive on women, but once again if the women themselves are happy and healthy, not sure what the big deal is.

Their lives after a show usually is the time to take a mini break from weight training for many. This includes giving themselves time to just relax and regroup and eating more calories for the off season. Some try to eat maintenance calories or go straight into a 'bulk' or a surplus to gain and build more muscle for their next show or to simply get stronger and improve on their weaknesses. You can follow many body buildings on instagram, or other forms of social media to see what their plans are for post season. Everyone is different with different goals and motivations and what not.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:21 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Anyone else interested in female bodybuilders? My fav is bikini division. One day I would like to compete also. I was inspired by when I went to a local show in Brooklyn last fall and was blown away about how fit all of the bikini women were. They were fit, lifted weights, had a toned tight body but still looked feminine.

I've been keeping up with a lot of shows this summer and checking out who the winners are and who went pro. I can't wait for the Olympia this September.

Any other women interested in this weightlifting 'lifestyle'.
I love the fitness competitions for the bodies you posted above.

I had wanted to get into this several years ago, but never had the time nor commitment to keep up with it.

Besides the right exercises, diet is super important. You can't eat garbage or stray from 5 mini meals a day of protein, carb and fiber. Also, you really do need a trainer to help you reach your fitness goals and they're not free. I couldn't do it more for financial reasons than anything.

[/quote]

Old 08-10-2015, 12:29 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I love the fitness competitions for the bodies you posted above.

I had wanted to get into this several years ago, but never had the time nor commitment to keep up with it.

Besides the right exercises, diet is super important. You can't eat garbage or stray from 5 mini meals a day of protein, carb and fiber. Also, you really do need a trainer to help you reach your fitness goals and they're not free. I couldn't do it more for financial reasons than anything.
The 5 mini-meals a day thing is actually a sort of bad idea that just won't die. There is no metabolic advantage to the smaller, more frequent meals.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:45 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,230 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say these women are not true athletes, They workout pretty hard, and do bodybuilding split days, focusing on compound and isolation movements. They lift pretty heavy if you follow their fitness social media and gym footage. They don't prance around stage to like cute, but to show other women that lifting weights isn't just a negative image of women who are too muscular or big (like the bodybuilding division of female NPC competitions) and that you can still be and look 'strong' but feminine and sexy at the same time.
They have average physiques in terms of fitness. That is not hard to achieve. They aren't even that muscular - even without steroids it's possible to be bigger and more ripped. What's difficult is being tall enough to be a swimwear model and getting fake boobs and having a pretty face. That's nudie mag territory - not sports. The female athletes I know look just as fit as these women, but without the fake boobs and butt floss and heels - they actually use their muscles for something other than promoting women as nothing but sexual decor for men. Anyone can lift weights every day and look good and starve. But can they finish an Ironman, win any kind of race, do a gymnastics or skating routine? Probably not, unless they happened to come to bikini babe high heel competition from another sport (unlikely any real athlete would want to do that).

Old 08-10-2015, 12:47 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Being "ripped" is more a result of very low body fat levels. For a number of reasons, women have more trouble with this, especially in the hip and thigh area.

The **** it isn't. I have an old acquaintance from middle school who just placed in the top 5 in the WNBF Open Bikini division. Believe me, they use bodybuilding style training.

And they were also using testosterone or other anabolic steroids, while the girls posted above are at or close to their natural genetic potential. Now I'm a big proponent of the sensible use of anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs but it's highly disingenuous to use that as some sort of arbitrary line.
News flash: so do models. It doesn't make you an athlete. "Bodybuilding training" just means lifting some weights (but not too much, from the looks of these women), and starving.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:26 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
News flash: so do models. It doesn't make you an athlete. "Bodybuilding training" just means lifting some weights (but not too much, from the looks of these women), and starving.
It's obvious you have an absurd axe to grind with these women. I don't know why and frankly it's a little sad, especially when combined with your complete ignorance of what they do. Envy, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness