Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:53 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Thanks Hawaiiancoconut,

So you're familiar with "Flaming Hot Cheetos", huh? I guess you have lived a little. They're are the top of the list when it comes to satisfying my craving for salt and the need for sinus pressure relief, it handles both all-in-one. It's a completely lab produced short, salty sticks of red-orange fried fake crispy hardened process cheese-jawbreakers that crunch when you bite into it. Simply divine!
Oh, I'm familiar with those chips. I don't eat them, but I always bought them for my ex wife (who loves them) and by the look on her face while she's eating it, tells me it's some good stuff

Listen man, eat whatever you want and enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 07:56 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
This is sort of a springboards off the "Abused for Getting in Shape" thread. As I thought about how a lot of people commented how hard they worked to get fit such as exercising, eating certain things and saying no to other foods, etc., I thought later this is why some people who are not fit think that people who are in shape are not "enjoying life" or "limiting themselves", not being able to live to the fullest "eat, drink and be merry!"
I dont know about that. The people I know who get the most out of life and live life to the fullest are the ones who are fit. They do exciting things, travel, go on expeditions, adventure, and just seem to be the most happy bubbly energetic people there are. The fat/obese people seem to get their "happiness" from eating a sh*t ton of crappy foods. Talk about limiting yourself by eating junk and being incapable physically of really enjoying all that life has to offer. To me, that is a sad existence and the complete opposite of "enjoying life" or "Living life to the fullest".

Quote:
For my birthday, I got a slice of my favorite cake. Yes, it's probably an extra 400 calories but I'll just work out harder. I'd rather do that than live in a way in which I have to always so "sorry, I can't eat this, I can't have that, I have to pass on that, not being able to share with food and fellowship with family members during get-togethers." What kind of way is that to live? If more fit people explained that eating what you like in moderation and exercise is the key to keeping your weight under control, then more people would get on board on trying to win the battle of the bulge. Instead, constantly living on food restrictions and food neglect turns a lot of people away from trying to get fit (so they become overweight and then obese) because they don't want to live like that.

I welcome your thoughts on this...
You are so wrong on all of this. Speaking from personal experience and from all the fit people I know, there is never ever ever an utterance of the words "cant" or "neglect" when it comes to food. NO ONE says "I cant eat that". They say "I DONT eat that". BIG DIFFERENCE!! A lot of the crappy foods that I DONT eat are: bacon, doughnuts, breads w/butter, chips, soda, etc. Its not that I cant have it, I choose not to eat it because I know its bad for me. Thus, I DONT eat that crap.

Seriously, if someone needs me to say "eat in moderation with exercise is key" to help get them "on board" (as you say) in getting in shape, bettering themselves and getting healthy, then they need mental help just as much as fitness/health help. You cannot continue eating crappy foods and expect to get healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness