Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 02:12 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times

Advertisements

I have been out of the gym and off the street for 2 weeks now due to IT band pain. I am wearing a compression band around my knee and it feels fine but once i take it off I still feel a pinch.

I am going nuts without working out!

I think I overdid it when i went for a long run while i was still really sore from squats. I miss running

What is the pat strap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 08:48 AM

43 posts, read 51,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I have been out of the gym and off the street for 2 weeks now due to IT band pain. I am wearing a compression band around my knee and it feels fine but once i take it off I still feel a pinch.

I am going nuts without working out!

I think I overdid it when i went for a long run while i was still really sore from squats. I miss running

What is the pat strap?
I have the same problem in my right knee and it is aided by my PRO compression sleeve made of neoprene. But it still almost cripples my activities at times. Careful that you don't develop inflammation of the bursa in the same areas!

Last month, I sprained my knee running and was completely incapacitated! No exercise. Extreme swollen knee and had to go to Dr. for anti-inflammatory injection and meds. IBT is bad!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:34 AM

645 posts, read 750,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Has anyone experienced IBS?

ITBS | Runner's World

I have been experiencing it the past 2 days and the pain has been excruciating. I couldn't sleep much at all.

The pain is focused on the outer side portion of my left knee. I can't bend the knee at all due to sharp pain, and have been holed up in my room. What a way to spend my days off from work.

I have had it several times in the past, but all came after doing a lot of long distance running.

This time, I can only assume that somehow my squats were responsible for this pain, which is odd as I never experienced that before.

I am a long distance runner and i was diagnosed with that a few months ago.The pain wasn't in my knee though. It was more my upper thigh hip/groin area.It was definitely a horrible pain. They gave me a cortisone shot which helped only for about 2 months. The pain hasn't been that bad lately but it's something that never goes away.But you can keep it under control. I have physical therapy right now for my hip and it has been helping a lot. My orthopedic surgeon advised me to cut down on the running for a bit like use the elliptical or bike. Also stretching and pain meds if you can get them.Ben gay and ice work wonders.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:20 AM

43 posts, read 51,717 times
It's back! I was awakened last night with pain in the area of ACL/MCL and when I went to straighten my knee, I couldn't. I forced it to straighten to relieve the pain and now since 3AM, I have a sharp pain in the area just below the knee, outside area, where the IBT band joins the calf muscle. I did not overwork yesterday but wonder if this relates to my previous problem with the swelling on outside/top of same knee that I thought was better. Very discouraging and I wonder if others have had the pain transfer from the top of knee to below the knee cap, outside, upper calf area? I use a neoprene patellar sleeve when exercising which helps with the above knee cap pain and bursa movement but does little for below/outside area! What now?

Old 07-09-2017, 06:55 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Try wide Acewrap and wrap thigh section of the lower limb covering ITB run. Be careful as AW self tightens so it has to be snug enough to stay on and loose enough to not cut circulation. If you had relief, look up elastic sleeves that will work for your anatomy, like a shinsplints sleeve, and start wearing it.
Buy IcyHot roll on dispenser and use it. Works very well on that type of pains.
Stop running. Running is not anatomically proper exercise for bipedals. If you just can't live without it, do fast walking. Remember, you exercise to improve your health, not to damage your body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Uh, what?

Yeah that's just simply not true

Old 07-11-2017, 12:16 PM

251 posts, read 246,472 times
Acupuncture has been a miracle for my IT band issues. My knee used to seize up so bad on long runs I'd have to stop and move my leg slowly to relax it.

It took a while, I went weekly for treatments 2-3 weeks in a row, then maybe do that again the second month after, for a good year at least. That said, it worked! I was pain free, even in a marathon.

I'm also a big fan of tiger balm and epsom salt baths. *Very* gentle massage also helps, just to increase blood flow to the area, but I've laid off the foam roller big time, I think I was just irritating it with too much pressure. I also run with a shorter stride which I find helps.

This has worked for me, good luck I hope you can feel better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness