Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 04:25 AM

27 posts, read 62,310 times

Advertisements

I see so many people saying they're uncomfortable going to a gym or unmotivated to exercise. I know the feeling I deal with it myself real bad, I just wanted to show that if you'll just force yourself to do something, even if its only a 15 to 20 min body weight workout your still making progress, it's better than doing nothing at all and giving up.

If I had the self discipline and focus to stick to a real workout program when I began this journey 5 months ago I could have made two or three times more progress than I have but I don't regret it, I wish I had that in me but I'm proud of the little I have been able to accomplish. I'm 43 yrs old and have lost 48 lbs since the beginning of the year, just because your not a gym rat doesn't mean all hope is lost. Just start small if it's all overwhelming to you and work your way up, I'm still struggling with it but I'm moving forward.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 05:17 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,144,032 times
Nice work.
In my experience, being regular is more important than having a perfect workout schedule.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:01 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Good job. But you should credit your diet for your weight loss not your exercise routine.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:38 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
Nice work.
In my experience, being regular is more important than having a perfect workout schedule.
I agree with this ^^^.

Good job, OP, doing a little, all the time, is far better than doing a lot and wiping oneself out and not doing anything for a long time. Unless one wants to be a body builder, there is no need to spend hours at a gym, just watching diet and doing regular exercise is all it takes to stay fit. That is what I do myself. Keep up the good work!

Old 06-06-2016, 10:22 AM

27 posts, read 62,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Good job. But you should credit your diet for your weight loss not your exercise routine.
Oh yeah I do, the real work is done in the kitchen. As un-dedicated that I am with exercising, I'm I'm that and more dedicated with my diet.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:24 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times
to lose almost 50lbs...that's awesome!!

be proud of that..

I'm about where you WERE ive lost 20lbs got another 20 to go I just love food,,

but this week I have off and am watching everything I eat and working out more

diets are like life,,,its more what you Don't do/eat than what you do

Old 06-06-2016, 01:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
You look amazing.

I've been undergoing the most wimpy workout program ever (Pilates plus Jillian Michaels) in conjunction with better eating and have seen (and measured) results as well. It can be done, LOL.

I'm not standing up for "lesser" (if you will) workouts, just saying, putting in some effort can still end in positive results. It depends upon a lot of different factors, but...yep.

You look great!

Old 06-06-2016, 03:50 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
I think that whenever people first start up an exercise program, they get dramatically improved results regardless of what or how they do it.

Then comes that point where you seem to stop losing fat/weight and no matter how hard you try you hit a plateau.

At least that's how it was for me in the past.

The key is to continue to switch it up I think to shock your body once you hit that plateau.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,921,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
. . . I'm proud of the little I have been able to accomplish. I'm 43 yrs old and have lost 48 lbs since the beginning of the year . . .
Little? 48 pounds is a lot. It shows in your appearance as well. Way to go!

By the way, how tall are you? I ask because it might help me track my progress if I had something to compare it to. If I knew your height, it would be easier to compare and guesstimate what I might weigh when I'm as lean as you in your after pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druss View Post
. . . just because your not a gym rat doesn't mean all hope is lost. Just start small if it's all overwhelming to you and work your way up . . .
Yes. I'm 60 now, so I've been taking things even slower than you have, to avoid injury. I started trying to get back to regular exercise about five years ago. Pushed too hard and injured myself twice. Then about 4-1/2 years ago I decided to be diligent about gradually increasing my exercise, but to deliberately do this very, very gradually. This has worked well. My approach may have been more gradual than it needed to be, but I've still had a significant increase in the amount of exercise I get, and have dropped from a max. weight of 243 to recently getting down to the 205-6 range.

Not only has this slow and steady approach brought results, but it has also taught me that exercise and fitness need to be a way of life. The whole approach of whipping yourself into shape in a couple of months so you'll look good on the beach during summer usually leads to a crash and a return to poor habits. Gradually making exercise into a basic part of your life is the way to go. At least that has worked for me.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:15 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,620,833 times
I am more curious what are those. They are not anatomically correct.
Attached Thumbnails
Crappy exercise routine but still seeing results-capture.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness