Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 11:14 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

If you're hot and ripped keep the shirt off. If you're not-put the shirt on please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2020, 11:19 AM

609 posts, read 350,005 times
They do this to pick up people. This issue mirrors women in tight spandex, except that I am not distracted. Women in tight clothes is irritating because I want to work out. As payback, I would love to free ball it in white spandex.

Old 04-25-2020, 11:29 AM

177 posts, read 130,535 times
If the guy has a nice bod, no problem with seeing him shirtless. If he has a beer gut or flab, put a shirt on it.

Old 04-25-2020, 04:25 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
If you got it SHOW IT. It takes hard work and not achievable by everyone....just make sure to wave to me next time you whiz by in your Mercedes

Old 04-26-2020, 11:20 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
I ran with a local RoadRunners group for years. I ran a lot and biked a lot, I also lifted and did the standard pushups, situps, chinups, etc. so I was reasonably buff. I never ran with my shirt off, though many of the RoadRunner guys did. Most of them were pretty skinny but not what I'd call buff.

No big deal. A RoadRunner woman I dated asked me why I didn't run shirtless. I said I just don't. I thought it was a bit showoff-y. That's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I've run a lot of races and regardless of the weather, there were always at least a 2-3 guys running without a shirt. I remember one particular Turkey Trot when it was 14 degrees and several guys ran in shorts and no shirt.
Those were manly men, or Eskimos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This is somewhat off topic but back in the 1960s/1970s, even early 80s, guys always played basketball with teams being shirts and skins, even in gym class. I didn't play much basketball again for about 25 years and found that guys no longer played shirts and skins. In fact, guys would look at you like you were weird if you suggested it. Come to think of it, you used to see a lot more guys mowing grass without a shirt. I might do it today.
We always played skins and shirts in gym class. We also swam naked in swimming class in the school pool, the girls didn't. Don't ask me why. I didn't make the rules.

Old 04-26-2020, 01:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
We always played skins and shirts in gym class. We also swam naked in swimming class in the school pool, the girls didn't. Don't ask me why. I didn't make the rules.

When did you graduate from high school? In my junior high in the 1960s, bathing suits were optional. At one time the story was, they would tease boys for wearing a bathing suit.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:16 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why do some guys like to exercise with no shirt on in public?

Just the other day saw some guy running near where I work with no shirt on, just shorts and sneakers. And this was a very public business area and nowhere near a beach.

Admittedly he had a nice physique but it just screams narcissim to me. And don't tell me it's more comfortable. I find having on a moisture wicking shirt feels way better.

But I've always been modest that way and even if I had a six pack I'd still cover up.

I don't see it where I live now as much because of our neighborhood & the weather.........BUT....I used to see it when I lived in SoCal...a lot. I don't complain to see a guy with no shirt on tho....if he is muscular or toned. If it was a guy that was fat or out of shape........then I don't look.......

Old 04-27-2020, 12:34 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
No you wouldn't cover up a six pack if you had it. No guy would. If you got it, flaunt it.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:38 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
Arnold Schwarzenegger: “The better you get, the less you run around showing off as a muscle guy. You know, you wear regular shirts – not always trying to show off what you have. You talk less about it. It’s like you have a little BMW – you want to race the heck out of this car because you know it’s just going 110. But if you see guys driving a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, they slide around at 60 on the freeway because they know if they press on that accelerator they are going to go 170. These things are the same in every field.”

Old 04-27-2020, 12:42 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Why do some guys like to exercise with no shirt on in public?

Just the other day saw some guy running near where I work with no shirt on, just shorts and sneakers. And this was a very public business area and nowhere near a beach.

Admittedly he had a nice physique but it just screams narcissim to me. And don't tell me it's more comfortable. I find having on a moisture wicking shirt feels way better.

But I've always been modest that way and even if I had a six pack I'd still cover up.

You know, are you *S U R E* this isn't a jealous thing.....because what guy would really care about another guy not having a shirt on to exercise??????????? We can like looking at a man just as much as men like to look at us & maybe it's more comfortable for him than you.............& if he is just exercising.....so?

If you see a man show up at work or dinner with no shirt.........that's totally different...... Then ita.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness