Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 09:24 AM

373 posts, read 348,849 times

Advertisements

I had no structural damage my doctor didn’t believe I had any tears so he gave me the cortisone . First few days of push-ups it wasn’t sore I just wasn’t strong enough endurance wise to reach 29 poushuos my
Max was 21 I did 2-3 days of 100+ a day in reps of 10.

Only recently the last few days the front of my should where my armpit and bicep meet was sore and not as strong .

Today it feels better so I suppose I’ll keep working at it

Everyone I know tells me the day of the test adrenaline will be flowing and it should push me for the final 8-10 reps plus knowing if I drop I won’t be hired ..

Before I picked up
Weight lifting I did t25 for about a year , and after lifting my cardio fell to the wayside . Perhaps t25 hiit will help with the 1.5 and agility once I’m in the academy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 10:29 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You have a PT test for what? I assume it to be an Air Force PT test.

The standards are different by gender and age.

Either way, make sure you’re cleared to do the PT test. You shouldnt attempt it with an injury. Not sure what to say beyond that, the run is the biggest issue with people not the push-ups

The AF keeps changing that, so check and see if they are doing it.

The test sounds like it could be PD too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-28-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The AF keeps changing that, so check and see if they are doing it.

The test sounds like it could be PD too.

Yes PD

Old 03-28-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateman92 View Post
Yes PD
Could you pass the needed number of push-ups before the injury?

Old 03-28-2018, 11:46 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,171,303 times
Quote:
I have a physical fitness test comming up in a few weeks .

I need to run 1.5 miles in just over 12 minutes which I am passing by about 40 seconds to 1 min right now with only about 2 days of training .

I’ve been lifting for two years and my cardio as really lacked

38 sit ups in 1 minute which I’ve been passing by about 10 seconds . But what are some tips to practice sit ups when there is no one around to hold
My feet down ?

And my hardest part and the part I can’t get past is 29 push-ups .
I have bicep tendonitas and it really gets sore right where my armpit and should meet in the front , I know rest to heal that but I can’t get stronger at push-ups if I’m resting .

I had a cortisone shot about two weeks ago but hasn’t seemed to help .

I’m maxing our around 18-20 push-ups , how can I train to squeeze out the last 10 to pass?
You've been lifting for two years and can only do 18-20 pushups?

Old 03-28-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I had no structural damage my doctor didn’t believe I had any tears so he gave me the cortisone . First few days of push-ups it wasn’t sore I just wasn’t strong enough endurance wise to reach 29 poushuos my
Max was 21 I did 2-3 days of 100+ a day in reps of 10.

Only recently the last few days the front of my should where my armpit and bicep meet was sore and not as strong .

Today it feels better so I suppose I’ll keep working at it

Everyone I know tells me the day of the test adrenaline will be flowing and it should push me for the final 8-10 reps plus knowing if I drop I won’t be hired ..

Before I picked up
Weight lifting I did t25 for about a year , and after lifting my cardio fell to the wayside . Perhaps t25 hiit will help with the 1.5 and agility once I’m in the academy
I'm no expert, but could the soreness just be from actually working the muscle?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
I'm no expert, but could the soreness just be from actually working the muscle?
I like your screen name brah - I lived in Hawaii as a kid and wore the title well as the pasty looking haole. Had a few fights back then - learned to stick up for myself with the "locals". Shaka braddah.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I like your screen name brah - I lived in Hawaii as a kid and wore the title well as the pasty looking haole. Had a few fights back then - learned to stick up for myself with the "locals". Shaka braddah.
You know it. I wore my haoleness with pride. I also learned it isn't the term that was bad, it was the adjective and tone of voice before...

Old 03-28-2018, 06:57 PM

I’m not sure if before the tendonitas I could do 29, I never really did much push ups before . Avoided them I suppose

And yes it’s not sore from working the muscle it’s sore because is the same soreness and weakness I felt when bench pressing and chest flies .

I suppose if I just did push ups everyday for the next few weeks I would get that last 8-10?

There’s no other methods or stuff that could boost my number faster .

Old 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM

I would stop doing any other exercise that aggravates it and just do push-ups. That way it can heal as much as possible, but you are still moving forward with push up strength.

Good luck.

Take anti-inflammatories and ice it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness