Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 08:25 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times

Advertisements

After weeks of going out and drinking and eating out I realized that my abs are not looking as good. I started to get a palate for eating out (Wendy's/Chipotle/Pizza/Donuts/Cupcakes/etc). I want to nip this in the bud now.

Holiday season = (1) Halloween treats/candies (2) Thanksgiving season (Turkey/Stuffing/Pies) (3) Christmas season (tons of goodies) (4) New Years (alcohol) (5) Superbowl (junk food fest)

During this sequence people will get into a rhythm of stuffing their faces with junk.

Ontop of that, it will be cold people I will be covered up and they wont notice their shape as much. Plus when it's cold people tend to want comfort food. Plus some are stressed out during the holidays so that's more reason for comfort food. During the holidays I'm going to stick to my diet. I will not be drinking any alcohol. I don't care if I'm across as weird. Trying to fit in is not worth losing my physique/workout gains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 09:40 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Not great, but a while ago I started working my stomach at least once a week. Just consistency and a small amount of effort has definitely made my gut-tissue stronger and more jacked.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:08 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
My abs are the same during the holiday season. I avoid food science ingredients as much as possible. I still exercise throughout the holidays. Some years I do not feast on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have not been out on New Year's Eve in 5+ years. I dislike watching sports but I like playing them. I hope not to attend a Super Bowl party this year or watch the game at all. I got guilt tripped into one last year, and I could not wait for it to be over. I've had some pretty miserable experience at Super Bowl parties.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:58 AM

14 posts, read 6,070 times
Sexy 4 da females every day that ends in Y.

Old 10-26-2018, 02:21 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,000 times
Ugh. This thread reminds me of the cranberry crack bars we eat at both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Started googling possible calorie levels - likely at least 300 calories per bar. Ouch!

I'll still eat one, or three. But thank goodness that's my only dessert during the holidays! (Halloween, New Years and the Super Bowl are non-issues for me)

Old 10-26-2018, 02:28 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Just the same as the rest of the year if not slightly better. Shoveling snow and scraping ice has it's benefits. I usually don't gain weight because of the holidays unless the weather's been so bad I didn't get as much exercise. Resisting the food isn't a big problem. If you indulge, you know you have to make up for it somewhere else. No mystery there.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:18 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
How are your abs during the holiday season?.
I always lose a bit of def during the last three months of the year. Not so much from Halloween candy (dont eat it), or pigging out on Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years feasts, but more from weather getting colder and affecting my outside cardio.

I drink on average, 2-3 beers per day. Sometimes more. But what keeps my abs in good shape is my early morning cardio. Its the end of October here in Los Angeles (the valley) and still in the 90s so Im still able to get out early for my cardio. Im sure that'll change soon when the weather drops in November.

Just have to make smart decisions on food/nutrition intake, and figure out how to keep up with cardio when it gets cold and all should be good. Not "summer" good, but "winter" good abs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness