Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2020, 06:59 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,351,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Sure you would. You sound like SUCH a warm, friendly, person. More like the gym jackass that hates everyone. No wonder everyone wants to "lurk" by you- that magnetic personality!!
LOL....couple things:

1) I fully admit I'm generally annoyed by people and things more so than most. I'm very perceptive and, with that, I consider that more of a curse than anything. I'd love to walk around not noticing every little thing, believe me. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

2) If a grown man snapped me with a wet towel, someone I do not know, just totally randomly in the locker room or out at a gym, I'm not being a keyboard tough guy here........he'd get smacked. Or, at a minimum, I'd get the gym involved and have him thrown out. Not sure if you've ever actually had that happen but a perfectly timed snap can feel like someone stabbed you.

Thanks for your input! You sound equally warm and fuzzy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I'll take him. He can be my friend. Actually he is just chatting. I mean the topic IS who is the most annoying person in your gym. He's adding to the conversation. Let him. If he wants to ramble on about annoying folks, let him ramble on. It keeps the thread going.
Thank you and likewise!

Correct, this is a thread to vent. If you don't like to hear people vent about annoying people, this prooooooobably isn't the best thread to read through, just a thought.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:27 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,266,210 times
A couple of days ago there was a lady in our gym who SANG through most of her workout- apparently she was listening to music through her earbuds and singing along. I'll have to admit it was cheerful music and she had a nice voice and DID wear the required mask, but really? It just seemed a little invasive.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:59 AM

The dude who comes in every day and works out with jeans on. Cardio too.

The "bro" who wears a ski hat (we're in Florida, mind you) delicately placed on the back of his head, just enough so that it hangs off his head but not enough to where it will fall off. I suspect he spends 5 mins every a.m. in the mirror trying to get it juuuuuust right, then probably clips it to his hair. I want to "accidentally" knock it off one of these days.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:17 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,250,177 times
well that I can agree with. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
This is not what I was referring to. If you have to undress, you have to undress. There are, however, always a certain few older men who feel like once the underwear comes off, THAT is now the time to walk around and chit chat with folks. Personally, if I'm nude I'm doing my best to get covered up not for my sake, but for everyone else's benefit.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:50 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
The guys that overdose on cologne. I mean COME ON!! It's not even good smelling stuff

Old 01-05-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
The guys that overdose on cologne. I mean COME ON!! It's not even good smelling stuff
There's always a few in every gym, isn't there? We have a guy who will wear cologne while working out (you can smell him from the other side of the room), he goes in and showers and then re-applies another half-bottle before he leaves. There have been times where he's left and 30 minutes later I walk in there and can still smell his Drakkar or whatever cheap cologne he's dousing himself with.

Old 01-06-2021, 08:03 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
OMG cologne guy was working out next to me. I'm not kidding-we are 6 feet apart and it just consumes me. I think I'm going to have to say something to him. It's extremely annoying.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:13 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,204,425 times
There’s a super annoying guy who is always dancing to whatever music is on his headphones, constantly flexing in front of the mirror, taking a selfie every two minutes, and using 2-3 areas at once to the exclusion of everyone else. And he’s not in that great of shape to explain the self-absorption.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:01 PM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times
We have a medium sized gym at work. There are like 3 guys that think the chairs in the shower room are to store their gear vs used for sitting. There are lockers and hooks but they always leave their gym bags on the chairs all day. Well, until I move them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness