Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 08:46 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I do remember one time a few years ago I had left my gym clothes in my gym bag over the weekend, was in a hurry on a Monday and knew I had clothes in there so I grabbed my bag and ran off to work. After work when I got to the gym locker room to change, my clothes were still sweaty and now smelled like mildew. But I had to work out. Luckily I had some biofreeze in my bag so I took it and rubbed it all over the clothes. So I have had my nasty gym clothes moments.... : ) lol!
I give you a pass since it happened ONE time, lol.

I just don't get it. I noticed it this morning again with the same 4 or 5 people who have literally the same clothes on every day. One guy has worn the same Yankees hat since I started at this gym nearly 4 years ago. Every. Single. Day. Without. Exception.

I mean, you can now buy a 3-pack of sweat wicking t-shirts from Amazon for less than $20! If you can afford a gym membership for $20/month, surely you can afford a few new t-shirts every year........right?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 11:09 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,461,394 times
Maybe the guy is a die hard Yankees fan. Just got back from a dermatologist apt and while in the parking lot, a woman got out of her car and stripped naked and stood there. Naked as a jaybird at 10 am. (super skinny - probably meth).

After this crazy year and all the crazy stuff that went with it, it was just another "meh, so what's new, walk by and go to apt". Anyhow at least your people are wearing clothes. Same clothes/different day - but they are wearing....clothes.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:00 PM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Maybe the guy is a die hard Yankees fan. Just got back from a dermatologist apt and while in the parking lot, a woman got out of her car and stripped naked and stood there. Naked as a jaybird at 10 am. (super skinny - probably meth).

After this crazy year and all the crazy stuff that went with it, it was just another "meh, so what's new, walk by and go to apt". Anyhow at least your people are wearing clothes. Same clothes/different day - but they are wearing....clothes.
Yikes. Just took her clothes off, eh? I saw that once but I was at South Beach and, well, that's the norm there.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:19 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,496,673 times
What do you all do with people next to you having loud phone conversations? I have earbuds in while watching a show and I can hear some conversations over my earbuds. Do I try to ignore the person or move to a different treadmill/bike if available?

Old 05-10-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
What do you all do with people next to you having loud phone conversations? I have earbuds in while watching a show and I can hear some conversations over my earbuds. Do I try to ignore the person or move to a different treadmill/bike if available?
You just give it up and adapt. They aren't going to quit.

We have a guy that bench presses and does db work while chatting on the phone to his girlfriend the entire time. I have to admire him for being able to bench some reps, rack the bar and keep chatting away on his transition from laying position and then sitting up to standing. I couldn't do that. Way too distracting and I don't carry my phone to the floor. I have tried staring at him, talking loudly to a friend about it in his presence....doesn't matter.

It is like loud street noise or construction. Ignore and get used to it. It won't go away.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:51 PM

265 posts, read 239,359 times
I always seen this thread and called you karens lol.... But now I understand it. There is this guy that takes 3 sets of dumbbells and a curl bar and holds them for a long time. I needed the 25lb dumbbells but he had them on the floor next to him while he was using the 30lb dumbbells. I guess he figured nobody else uses them, I really do not know, and the rack is not far from where he was sitting working out.

Then that same week I noticed the guy who pretends to clean the machine after use. He just cleans the seat or part of the equipment and walks away. He did this in all the machines I seen him use, he was working out around my area. So now I guess I have to clean the machine, equipment before using. But it is funny how I laughed at all these post before and now I am posting here.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:40 PM

310 posts, read 323,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I will not put up with it. I will tell them to get off the phone, that it is gym rules. The few times it has happened most people will give a look like, 'my bad' and hang up. One woman however ignored me. We are on the stationary bikes and I like to do intervals and I like to focus and hear my music. Then a gym employee came over and said she needed to go to the lobby to talk on the phone. She ignored him. I then stopped pedaling and told her she needed to get off the phone or go to the lobby. The gym employee started to come back over and she just glared at me and called me an effing *****. I didn't care. I got to get back to my workout.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
I will not put up with it. I will tell them to get off the phone, that it is gym rules. The few times it has happened most people will give a look like, 'my bad' and hang up. One woman however ignored me. We are on the stationary bikes and I like to do intervals and I like to focus and hear my music. Then a gym employee came over and said she needed to go to the lobby to talk on the phone. She ignored him. I then stopped pedaling and told her she needed to get off the phone or go to the lobby. The gym employee started to come back over and she just glared at me and called me an effing *****. I didn't care. I got to get back to my workout.
I have spoken up a couple of times in the gym, as in the case of nasty music, but sometimes you just want to train and not have to feel like you are always going to have to be a jerk. Or at least in my case.

You are bold. Good on you. You will get folks off the phone.

However, folks are married to their phones, go out to eat and families have phones propped up on stands, the people in the hallway at work look like zombies walking down the hall, leaning over, fixed to their phones. You have to play chicken to get out of their way. We have girls fighting with their boyfriends in the bathroom on their phones. I just give up and push the ignore button in my mind and do my workout. I don't think there are rules in our gym saying folks can't be on phones. This is a "thing" that is here to stay.

If SanyBelle is bold, she can tell these people to shut up and take a hike. I just don't have the energy.

Old 05-13-2021, 11:01 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,041,770 times
The topic of loud phone conversations reminds me of another thoroughly annoying thing that some inconsiderate gym goers do: playing their music loudly on their phones (or even mini speaker) without earbuds/headphones. This seriously baffles me. Even decent bluetooth earbuds can be bought for about $30. What in the world gives these people the idea that everybody else wants to hear their music loudly blaring across the workout area??

Old 05-13-2021, 11:47 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,445,455 times
The guy who wears his mask the entire time below his chin. I mean why bother wearing one at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness