Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 12:03 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,239 times

Advertisements

I have a scale and use it every day. It doesn't matter if it's calibrated to any other scale; it's used to measure changes relative to prior readings.

I establish an arbitrary threshold and anything over that sets off the closest thing to a 'fast.' I count calories if only against prior calorie counts. Again, relative. I try to make sure I'm getting the protein; doesn't require much. I may even have a few hundred calories of anything in the day. It's the calories.

Pigging on fats and sugars is sure to add weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 04:18 PM

720 posts, read 500,821 times
I've been doing this for two years and it's been great. It takes a minute to get used to, but after two weeks, you feel the difference.

I will say, since we're all adults here, that IF does wonders for your sex drive. In men it helps your testosterone levels, but it also works great for women. Seriously. It's not just the effect of feeling better about yourself being naked, if you had that hang up, but your overall drive goes way up. Just sayin'.

Old 02-21-2020, 04:45 PM

368 posts, read 366,243 times
About 1 1/2 years. This works amazing with my morning workout. On those days I can usually eat at about 2pm and stop at 6 or 7pm. Weekends I'm not as strict, but I have never ate past 8 or 9 at night unless I was working the evening or deep night shifts. I do a little Keto, not strict Keto. I'll have a little brown or wild rice or brown rice pasta. An occasional sandwich with Ezekial bread. Limit any sweets except Trader Joes Pistachio Gelato. I retired at about 195 lbs, now I stay around 180. No beer. Vodka with sparkling mineral water.

Old 02-23-2020, 06:54 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
Anyone been doing this long-term, 5 years or longer? I've been doing this since April and love it. I don't know if it's healthier but it's done wonders for flattening my stomach and helping me control cravings. Wondering what the effects are long-term.
I've just started doing it. I'm surprised at how I'm not getting hangry like I thought I would. I try to only eat between 12 and 8 PM. I've lost five pounds in a short time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness