Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 04:05 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

I know we have discussed Pelotons on here before, but I am interested in feedback from people who actually have a Peloton.

My gym just closed for the second time and I don't see it reopening or me wanting to go back with COVID the way it is. I know the Peloton is expensive but that is not my concern.
I love to spin anyway so that is good. And I love the idea of live classes.

I want to know if it is 'all that', in other words, worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I know we have discussed Pelotons on here before, but I am interested in feedback from people who actually have a Peloton.

My gym just closed for the second time and I don't see it reopening or me wanting to go back with COVID the way it is. I know the Peloton is expensive but that is not my concern.

We bought it and sold it 3 months later. We just didn't get into it

Old 07-16-2020, 05:51 AM

4,625 posts, read 4,892,936 times
For $2000 you can buy a better bike.
If you want the live classes, the app is half as much without the bike

Old 07-16-2020, 06:34 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:

I have a coworker who got one and he seems to like it a lot. He is not normally into spinning (he is a marathoner), but easily transitioned into it and says he is probably going to drop his gym membership. He does not do the live classes. My guess is that you could just get a cheaper bike and pay for the app if you want the classes.

My friend who is a spin instructor got another bike that is way cheaper than the Peloton, I am not sure what brand, but she likes it a lot and felt it was worth the price. Obviously as an instructor, she doesn’t really need the classes because she has plenty of routines memorized already.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:59 AM

I have been looking for reviews on the other bikes and it seems Peloton always comes out on top. So the money is really not the issue.
Himain were you into spinning before?

Old 07-16-2020, 01:48 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,934,076 times
I am not a crazy Peloton obsessed fan, but I do really appreciate owning and using it. I have had my bike for 2.5 years and have just over 600 work-outs (360 rides and a mix of yoga, stretching, meditation, cardio.....). The biggest surprise for me was how much I have used the other classes - especially the yoga. My biggest gripe about exercise at a gym is getting there, parking, changing clothes..... then reversing the process to get home. All of that adds time to the process and makes it easy to skip altogether. I used to run frequently because I could do that on my own schedule without worries about traffic, but injuries got the best of me.

I have had one problem with my bike - the water bottle holder broke - and Peloton shipped me a new one and the hardware to reinstall it right away.

As a family, we use 4 of our 5 log-ins so the bike and the classes get plenty of use.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:03 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:

Do you have some sort of vaguely bike-like thing at home? The app is $15 a month if you do. Give it a try. If you find the classes enjoyable on your vaguely bike-like thing at home (old mountain bike on a $100 trainer, stationary recumbent bike), that should give you an idea whether it's something you'd do and enjoy versus just an expensive place toss clothes on.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:41 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
You could get a nice used Mercian and a training stand for the price of the Peloton, and you'd have a really nice road bike.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:10 PM

I am really only interested in the people that have the Peloton already. Thank you Pinetreelover, your comments are helpful.

The comments that aren't helpful are the ones suggesting I get a cheaper version. If I had wanted that type of information I would have asked for it.

I fully understand how expensive the Peloton is, but it seems to be it is offering something unique that is appealing to me.

I did spin at my gym and weights. My husband has a bum knee and can no longer run. We need something that for one is quality, and for 2 - offers something that keeps us wanting to continue doing it.
I have been paying $200 bucks a month for the gym for 3 people who are missing it.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:20 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:

Well adults taking a class to learn how to ride a glorified stationary bike indoors seems a bit silly to me, but hey...you do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness