Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2023, 01:56 PM

671 posts, read 483,587 times

Advertisements

So I need some advice on how to adjust my current routine with my schedule. During the week, I had been doing 2 arm lift days at the gym on lunch break, 2 leg days at home using up to 20 lb weights doing YouTube workouts and then I do one day of HIIT running at gym. I wanted to switch to do legs at the gym so I could do progressive overload. I’m a solo mom part time so have son every other weekend and during week and then I try to go in to work on Thursday’s.

If I switch to the new schedule that would mean 5 days in gym. Thursday usually do rest
Day since I go in to work and then 1 of the weekend days. Used to do one weekend day as legs at home. Would the progressive overload even work if I just do once a week at gym and then do another leg workout at home ?

Other idea was to switch to full body and do 3 strength workouts a week but I have been doing my arm routine a while now and didn’t really want to switch it.

Would also say combine leg day with hiit but feel like my legs would just be jelly lol.

Do I get rid of Hiit and do a cardio exercise on weekend?

Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness