Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 03:02 PM

1,156 posts, read 405,887 times

Advertisements

I am posting this question on behalf of my wife as she doesn't really do social media.

A few days ago, she was at the gym and after finishing her workout, she was in the process of changing her cloth when another lady got out of the shower without a towel, leaving a bunch of water on the floor. As that lady was drying herself off and putting on her cloth, a third lady mentioned to her that she should grab a mop from the corner and clean up her mess to which the lady responded that is not my job. She finished getting dressed and left. My wife told me this story and asked me who I thought was right. I honestly never thought about such a thing and have no idea what I would have done. Any thoughts if that happens to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 04:36 PM

497 posts, read 329,603 times
The woman who left the shower and let the water get all over the floor just created a slipping hazard for all of the other locker room users. What a slob! She should have to mop it up.

I'll bet she doesn't do that at home!

Old 11-16-2023, 05:36 PM

23,338 posts, read 18,903,694 times
The towelless lady was a slob, not to mention a snob.

Old 11-17-2023, 12:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,754 posts, read 58,116,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster View Post
I'll bet she doesn't do that at home!
She probably does 'just that' at home.

Old 11-17-2023, 05:46 AM

9,415 posts, read 8,388,669 times
That's no different than using a machine to workout and leaving a giant puddle of sweat on the seat. Bad etiquette for sure. She didn't necessarily have to go grab a mop but if she had a towel there is no reason she couldn't have toweled off IN THE SHOWER or, hey, if you leave a puddle just throw your towel on the ground and clean it up.

Old 11-17-2023, 06:26 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,677,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
I am posting this question on behalf of my wife as she doesn't really do social media.

A few days ago, she was at the gym and after finishing her workout, she was in the process of changing her cloth when another lady got out of the shower without a towel, leaving a bunch of water on the floor. As that lady was drying herself off and putting on her cloth, a third lady mentioned to her that she should grab a mop from the corner and clean up her mess to which the lady responded that is not my job. She finished getting dressed and left. My wife told me this story and asked me who I thought was right. I honestly never thought about such a thing and have no idea what I would have done. Any thoughts if that happens to you?
I've been in many gyms, but I have never see a mop available for people to mop the locker-room floor if they leave puddles of water on the floor. I workout at a YMCA and there is no expectation of a dry locker-room floor. There is a swim team and young children that use this locker-room. People typically don't take a towel into the pool area, so it means they have to go back to their locker to get their towel. You just deal with it.

Old 11-17-2023, 06:46 AM

741 posts, read 414,316 times
Default disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
...the lady responded that is not my job.
Her response comes from arrogance. Picking up a piece of trash or drying the floor that you messed up is just being respectful to your fellow human being. Karma is a b____

Old 11-17-2023, 07:56 AM

1,156 posts, read 405,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I've been in many gyms, but I have never see a mop available for people to mop the locker-room floor if they leave puddles of water on the floor. I workout at a YMCA and there is no expectation of a dry locker-room floor. There is a swim team and young children that use this locker-room. People typically don't take a towel into the pool area, so it means they have to go back to their locker to get their towel. You just deal with it.
I asked my wife that question since she travels alot for her job and she said that she seen a mop being available at the gym for members use at few gyms. She always sees broom/dustpan being available in the locker room

Old 11-17-2023, 08:55 AM

6,039 posts, read 3,754,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
My experience is similar to yours. I've never seen anyone mop up their tracks when leaving the shower or a pool area.

Old 11-17-2023, 03:36 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,064,556 times
I used to do a water boot camp and took a towel to the pool with me. Regardless, I was dripping water, from my shoes if from nowhere else when I entered the locker room. After I got to my locker I’d put on my flip flops for the shower and take the towel and drag it with my foot across where I’d left water on the floor. Seemed like common courtesy and a way to avoid a fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness