Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 07:14 PM

6,473 posts, read 4,001,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I think compared to running shoes, which are sleek, walking shoes will be clunky. I am not sure why running shoes are not suitable for fitness walking. I think they may not be as stable, instead more flexible.
I may have to do some to do some research online.
I think running and walking are a different gait, so running and walking shoes are designed to support your foot differently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 10:03 AM

4,887 posts, read 2,690,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I do a ton of long distance walking. Unfortunately I have a left foot that goes from arthritis problems to Plantar faciatis. I have tried every brand out there through the years. I have had the most luck with Brooks and Hoka shoes. Just this past week I went to buy the Hoka Clifton, the sales person also had me try the Brooks Ghost Max. I liked them so much I bought them and they have the room and cushioning I need. I ended up buying a 2nd pair this week as the shoes are selling out. I recommend the Brooks Ghost Max for anyone that needs a roomy toe box, good support and excellent cushioning.
interesting..I have just recently discovered Hokas..to me they are way better than New Balance..I'll have to check out these Brooks Ghost Max..

Old 11-28-2023, 03:12 PM

820 posts, read 451,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Definitely try the Brooks. I only work part time, but for the 5 hours a day that I work, I’m on my feet. I have arthritis in my toes, my toes don’t flex at all and are quite painful in the wrong shoes.
Brooks are pretty much all I can wear for work.
And they are fairly reasonably priced.

I would love to try the Sketcher slip ons, but I tried a different brand in a slip on a couple years ago, and had the same problem, the slide off my heel.
My feet always hurt. Changed once I got a good pair of Brooks. I don't have to use inserts finally.

Mind you I'm one of those people who get seriously into user reviews for both brand and model. I wear Brooks Ghost 15. I found they ran just a tad small. After trying them on, I went with one size larger and they fit like a glove.

Old 11-28-2023, 05:57 PM

1,143 posts, read 627,410 times
Love this post.

Have had sore foot problems for yrs... accelerated in the past 3.

Some days I'm on my feet for hrs and walk quit a lot.

My reg shoes have been some basic NB ones... pretty good, light and has just enough padding to keep me comfy. But they are officially worn out and I need to get something better.

I was looking at the Adidas Ultraboost, even tried a pair on... they felt so light and it was amazing because how it grabbed onto your foot. But they cost $260 here!

The Brooks looks interesting I will definitely have to try a pair on next time.

The Hokas are interesting too, but some ppl say they wear out faster.

I also want to try the Adidas Boston 12s.

How about Nike?

Right now I need to find very comfy walking shoes that are waterproof and good for Wintertime. All the runners tend to be very "hole"y and your feet will freeze.

Old 11-28-2023, 08:32 PM

6,473 posts, read 4,001,851 times
I was fitted into Brooks for my running shoes... I found that I've liked Adidas shoes I've tried on (the only Adidas shoes I own are my soccer cleats, but I love them, and have liked other Adidas shoes I've tried on). So the two must be made for a similar foot profile. So if you like Adidas shoes, you might like Brooks.

Old 12-04-2023, 05:57 AM

9,484 posts, read 5,262,587 times
I wear this light hiker (I call it that) from Merrell. Had a pair last year, wore them out, got another.
Vibram soles, waterproof and super solid support. Not cheap but they last. Wear them everywhere, including walking, hiking, riding my bike, and 'around.'

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/siren-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Old 12-04-2023, 06:23 AM

7,128 posts, read 4,848,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofJersey View Post
My feet always hurt. Changed once I got a good pair of Brooks. I don't have to use inserts finally.

Mind you I'm one of those people who get seriously into user reviews for both brand and model. I wear Brooks Ghost 15. I found they ran just a tad small. After trying them on, I went with one size larger and they fit like a glove.
After I read this I went on Amazon and bought a pair of Brooks Ghost Mac in my regular size. Love them! Thanks SOJ!

Old 12-05-2023, 07:10 AM

2 posts, read 864 times
I often had pain in my toes when walking and playing sports, due to tight shoes. Even sneakers such as nike are quite narrow in the toe of the sneaker.
So I spent a long time looking for brands with wider toe shoes.
And found barefoot shoes. Just google barefoot shoes and you will see different brands. The advantages of such shoes is that their soles are soft and the foot will work while walking.

Old 12-06-2023, 02:37 PM

17,554 posts, read 39,191,005 times
I am sad to read about the Skechers slipping - I literally just ordered a pair after reading recommendations for shoes for people with neuropathy and other foot issues.

I too have problems with my feet/toes, nerve damage, arthritis and more. Almost every shoe feels uncomfortable after wearing for awhile. I am afraid the Skechers will slip also (have very narrow heels) however, I do wear socks most of the time which may help.

I may have to look into the Brooks after reading this.

Old 12-06-2023, 06:51 PM

7,128 posts, read 4,848,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I am sad to read about the Skechers slipping - I literally just ordered a pair after reading recommendations for shoes for people with neuropathy and other foot issues.

I too have problems with my feet/toes, nerve damage, arthritis and more. Almost every shoe feels uncomfortable after wearing for awhile. I am afraid the Skechers will slip also (have very narrow heels) however, I do wear socks most of the time which may help.

I may have to look into the Brooks after reading this.
I swear by Brooks. They are the only shoes I can wear consistently all day with minimum pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness