Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:21 PM

645 posts, read 1,967,985 times

Advertisements

I think sometimes fast food restaurants get a bad rap and there are healthy foods available if you make the right choices. I've been eating at fast food restaurants every meal for about the last 4 months and I've actually lost weight.

Breakfast - Dunkin Donuts - Large coffe with cream and Splenda, Bagel with butter

Lunch - Chic Fila A - grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich on wheat bun, fruit and yogurt

Dinner - Wendys - side salad with fat free dressing, small Chilli and a large diet lemonade

In between meals I eat about 2 bags of peanuts from the vending machine, and I drink at least a gallon of water (tap) per day.

I do work out about an hour 5 days per week and I'm in great shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:11 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,137,847 times
I can see where it would be possible to lose weight eating out every day if you are making the right choices. If you are eating out every meal, I'm assuming you aren't snacking on random food laying around the house. I'm a big believer that moderation is the key to weight loss.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:42 AM

559 posts, read 1,398,173 times
I've seen salads on the menu on the Dunkin Donuts web site, but they don't have salads at the 2 where I stopped in. A few of the salads sound good & are not that high in calories.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:47 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,661,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
I think sometimes fast food restaurants get a bad rap and there are healthy foods available if you make the right choices. I've been eating at fast food restaurants every meal for about the last 4 months and I've actually lost weight.
Just offhand, I get the impression that there's a lot of salt in this menu. Would you agree?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,194,218 times
I love Grilled chicken salad from MCD, it's pretty tasty. This is only think i'll ever get from them.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,381,220 times
hey gumbo, a good book for you to check out is "Eat This, Not That". it gives some good comparisons between different fast food choices (for example, a Big Mac is healthier for you than a Whopper). it's a good book to look through if you eat a lot of fast food since the first section of the book is divided by restaurants. I don't eat much fast food, but do enjoy the grilled chicken salads Mickey D's and Wendy's offer (not always a fan of the sandwiches though since they drown them in mayo, even after you ask then to go light on the mayo)

Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 PM

173 posts, read 981,791 times
I've had times when I ate a lot of fast food, made decent choices, never gained weight since I was exercising. But when I got back to eating whole foods, things I cooked at home, my weight stayed the same but my performance in running and cycling seemed to come easier and I felt better. So if I have the choice, I try to stick to more wholesome, lower sodium foods, though I can survive on the fast foods when I need to.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:46 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,363,612 times
McDonalds has some amazing salads with Grilled Chicken. With the Balsamic Vinegarette, most pack under 300 calories and WILL fill you up!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,032,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post

Breakfast - Dunkin Donuts - Large coffe with cream and Splenda, Bagel with butter

Lunch - Chic Fila A - grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich on wheat bun, fruit and yogurt

Dinner - Wendys - side salad with fat free dressing, small Chilli and a large diet lemonade

In between meals I eat about 2 bags of peanuts from the vending machine, and I drink at least a gallon of water (tap) per day.

I do work out about an hour 5 days per week and I'm in great shape.
Would you care to post how many calories and sodium that is contained in that diet? How much are you spending on average per day? How does that compare to if you were to visit your local market and buy the food yourself?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:42 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,318,903 times
I know man...I know its loaded with sodium and not always the best but ist just such a bad excuse to fall off your diet. There is good stuff out there. I want to try the BK apple fries just because they are cutesie.LOL

Make sure you check out a potassium rich food list. When you have a lot of salt you need to add potassium to your diet as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness