Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find fat or thin men more attractive?
Teddy bears - The Husky Man 30 22.90%
String Beans Are Great! 8 6.11%
Men's fitness model = just my style 37 28.24%
Depends on the size of other things...lol 7 5.34%
Avg Joe - As long as theres no gut its on! 46 35.11%
Total body builder that needs custom shirts is to my liking 3 2.29%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I feel kinda bad.....I mean, what if "he" is a poster and he's reading all this maybe he just needs some..........inspiration or somethin'
Now you just made me feel bad too. He should go see the Inspiration Photo thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 10:40 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
I feel kinda bad.....I mean, what if "he" is a poster and he's reading all this maybe he just needs some..........inspiration or somethin'
True. Besides, that particular type of man was not any of the choices. Teddy bear type was the largest (heavy wise). I view teddy bear type as Toby Keith type of body.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:46 PM

38 posts, read 76,375 times
I like guys a teeeeeeeeny bit on the chubby side. Preferably tall...
I don't find very thin men attractive at all, though. Obesity is a no, as well.
So I guess teddy bear. :]

Old 08-15-2008, 10:52 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I'm not picky about size, but I usually prefer my guys with a little substance... teddy bear sounds good, particularly if they're tall. And while the body-builder type is nice to look at, I don't really care to date them.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
I hear ya.....I don't do the body builder types.....with the veins poping out and ugh....yuck....they walk around with thier arms way out to thier sides and thier chest puffed out.....ughhhh,,,,just not for me

Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I just can't wrap my head around how ppl let themselves get to that point....or even anywhere near that point......
Spoken like someone who's never had to struggle with a weight problem... as somebody who has, I can tell you it's not that simple.

C'mon guy/gals, you are starting to cross the line of rudeness.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I hear ya.....I don't do the body builder types.....with the veins poping out and ugh....yuck....they walk around with thier arms way out to thier sides and thier chest puffed out.....ughhhh,,,,just not for me
I'm just worried they'd spend too much time at the gym... and not enough time with me.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Spoken like someone who's never had to struggle with a weight problem... as somebody who has, I can tell you it's not that simple.

C'mon guy/gals, you are starting to cross the line of rudeness.
I don't think it would be simple in the least.....I am not speaking from an attractivness standpoint i'm speaking from a health standpoint. How you look or want to look is your business however, in the interest of health and taking care of yourself internally......I belive everyone has or can have controll over thier health if they truly want to. I really don't mean to be crude or disrespectful I do realize this is a serious issue in America however, anyone can put thier mind to being healthy and they can accomplish it.....I don't belive in pitty or excuses because as I said.....it is a serious problem, one not to be taken lightly.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
People obviously dont get fat overnight. I think most are chunky to start with...and as we all know weightloss or gains without working out just leaves you the same-ish shape in another size. With guys pants too, you can put on a lot of weight and hitch it underneath the tum before breaking down for the new pair. If you overeat 500 calories a day. Thats just one fast food burger you can gain almost 40 pounds that year.

And thats only if you did it 5x a week.

Its pretty easy to pack on the pounds when you add any type of junk food in the mix.
Or too much fat or meat for that matter.

But yeh..I like teddy bear squishy for squishin. Doesnt go to well for the swimsuit season but it is cuddley. I think of great comedy men like chris farley and jim candy. I wish someone would of been rude as **** to them and got them to a place where there wasnt so much strain on the body.

Lookswise I totally hate it. At least in the nude.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:12 AM

13,003 posts, read 1,019,682 times
Eating health is a lifestyle. It is hard but worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness