Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2008, 06:13 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,584,379 times

Advertisements

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) - A Catholic priest convicted of indecent exposure for jogging naked around a track at a high school has been sentenced to five years probation.

Priest gets probation for jogging nude at track
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 07:33 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,479 times
Wow most of those priests who were having sex with kids, didn't even get probation. Guess the church can't protect you when you go outside and mess up.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:17 AM

262 posts, read 1,042,632 times
I think it's a little steep that he has to be a registered sex offender, I mean really, who saw him out there at 4:30AM? (an hour before sunrise during late June). I'm not defending him, just saying that he shouldn't be lumped in with other sex offenders such as molesters and rapists.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 AM

True jaguar now of course we weren't there at the hearing. There may have been more incidents. There may have been a bit more than just jogging. I remember "streakers" and they were harmless.

My post was more about all the thousands of cases of priest pedophiles that never got prosecuted or punished. Priests are good about telling young kids not to have sex.... with anyone except their priest.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:15 AM

lol there probably were a lot of incidents that got pushed under the table. I think it's true that there could have been other factors, but the registered sex offender sounds like something that was mandatory for that type of offense, no matter how minor it may seem.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:52 AM

I used to be District Attorney and I could be wrong because I did felonies and its 2AM here. Indecent exposure means more than just being naked. There has to be some intent to excite someone. Streaking would not necessarily be indecent exposure. A priest shedding his clothes so that he could run faster to catch an 8 yr old boy ... lol well that would be more serious.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:34 PM

Priest Accused Of Jogging Nude Now On Leave - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/13848179/detail.html - broken link)

It's more detailed than the other link, basically he didn't do anything or bother anyone in this case, an off duty officer was just driving by and happened to see him. Now the internal case from 8 years before that is ****** up. Outside of the early incident, he would just sound like a nudist to me, but something is messed up with this guy, and with the church for allowing him to continue on afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness