Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 22,780 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of all the excess cellulite over 55? I probably only need to loose about 15 lbs but I have so much sagging cellulite! I work as a nurse, long 12 hr shifts three days on two off. Any advise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 07:44 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Cardio and weight training and diet are the only non-surgical options to rid yourself of cellulite. Do you know your Body fat percentage? Because if you are low in body fat you'd want to increase muscle tone in your legs in order to get rid of that cellulite and tighten up your legs......otherwise, cardio to decrease body fat and weights for toning up your leg muscles......the combination of those three should make a huge difference.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:19 AM

10 posts, read 50,696 times
Default cellulite

cardio HELPS but the best is getting treatments done obviously..they are very expensive..the nivea treatment did help me a lot but obviously as soon as i stopped it got bad again..

Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceemout View Post
cardio HELPS but the best is getting treatments done obviously..they are very expensive..the nivea treatment did help me a lot but obviously as soon as i stopped it got bad again..
I disagree. I would always recommend the most healthy way first (diet, cardio and weight lifting) instead of any surgical procedure.

OP, a combination of a clean healthy diet, cardio and weight lifting should do the trick for you.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:38 AM

10 posts, read 50,696 times
the nivea 30 day program is what it was called which involved lotion, patches and some supplements..it worked well for the time being

Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 22,780 times
Default re body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Cardio and weight training and diet are the only non-surgical options to rid yourself of cellulite. Do you know your Body fat percentage? Because if you are low in body fat you'd want to increase muscle tone in your legs in order to get rid of that cellulite and tighten up your legs......otherwise, cardio to decrease body fat and weights for toning up your leg muscles......the combination of those three should make a huge difference.
I don't really know but on wii fit my bmi is 25.1. Thanks for any tips!

Old 01-01-2009, 10:04 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceemout View Post
I totally disagree with this. Cellulite is FAT. Plain and simple. Don't throw money away on such foolish things as "treatments". And surgical solutions are just ridiculously abused. Get yourself into a gym, and stay there for a while.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:23 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I disagree. I would always recommend the most healthy way first (diet, cardio and weight lifting) instead of any surgical procedure.

OP, a combination of a clean healthy diet, cardio and weight lifting should do the trick for you.

I agree. Those creams/treatments etc don't really rid the cellulite but only improve it for the term of the products life on your skin. They usually tighten up skin and hydrate it so that it appears better. But it comes back as soon as you stop using product. With exercise/diet way the good results stay around. Diet is really important when dealing with any skin problem. But if you want a product to get you through for now you should check out Bliss's Fat Girl Slim and seaweed soaps. Dietary stop smoking, none to low sugar intake, start enjoying baked and steamed fish. Eat as little processed food as possible. Use sea salt instead of table salt. Drink only water or tea (get caffeine free).

You will look better when you get your bmi down to the 20-22 range too. Don't try to go too thin because that can age a face and leave too much lose skin to tighten up.

What type of support hose do you wear on shift? Do you have to wear a dress or are you allowed scrubs? If you can wear scrubs they make these pants that massage your legs and are suppose to rid you of cellulite. But I think they would just feel good being on a shift and being supported. It would be good for the vein issues at least.

Here is that bliss store for now:
anti cellulite, firming, lifting, tone your body - bliss

For good, I would work on the diet and exercise thing.
Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople
^ meal suggestions,exercise,diet log all tailored to your personal needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness