Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:48 AM

58 posts, read 139,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I'm a massage therapist and I think it's strange that a lot of women won't get massages because (God forbid) the therapist is going to see some fat or lovehandles, etc. That's sad to me.
I'm sure most of us have our body hangups, wishing we could look like Barbie or something stupid like that but it's sad when I hear from a lot of women that have such hangups, they won't get a massage, do bellydance or something they enjoy when most men go around with no body hangups at all (unless they're gay, or at least this is my experience)
I read a study that concluded men to be more concerned about their penis size than women are about any and all parts of their bodies together...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 PM

355 posts, read 814,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The flip side of this is that too many women are not self-conscious enough. They dress in clothes that are obviously too small or they wear things that are very revealing in the thinking that they're more attractive than they are. I'm all for boosting self-esteem, but some people need to have theirs deflated.
They just do that because they can't afford to purchase mirrors

Some women obviously have a perverse sense of what they look like. If I see another woman wearing clothes three sizes too small with a muffin top spilling all over and flesh hanging above and below her bra strap (not to mention what's going on from the waist down), I'm going to vomit.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:21 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I'm a massage therapist and I think it's strange that a lot of women won't get massages because (God forbid) the therapist is going to see some fat or lovehandles, etc. That's sad to me.
I'm sure most of us have our body hangups, wishing we could look like Barbie or something stupid like that but it's sad when I hear from a lot of women that have such hangups, they won't get a massage, do bellydance or something they enjoy when most men go around with no body hangups at all (unless they're gay, or at least this is my experience)

Well one could always tell the massage therapist not to touch a certain body part if they're really that self-conscious.

I'm pretty confident about my body but when I got my massage last weekend, I will admit I was a bit self conscious. It wasn't because I had any body hang ups, I just felt awkward with the massage therapist massaging my booty.lol.
I somewhat look forward to bikini season. I like getting compliments on my body but I hate the guys asking me for my number.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 AM

58 posts, read 139,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Well one could always tell the massage therapist not to touch a certain body part if they're really that self-conscious.

I'm pretty confident about my body but when I got my massage last weekend, I will admit I was a bit self conscious. It wasn't because I had any body hang ups, I just felt awkward with the massage therapist massaging my booty.lol.
I somewhat look forward to bikini season. I like getting compliments on my body but I hate the guys asking me for my number.
Isn't the guys asking you for your number the most true compliment you can get when it comes to your looks?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
Isn't the guys asking you for your number the most true compliment you can get when it comes to your looks?
Nah.
I like, "You have a beautiful smile." "I love your eyes." "You're really intelligent."
Even though I don't mind when girls ask for my number, those are some things that I think a lot of women would like to hear not, "Hey baby, can I have yo number?" "Girl you look good! Can I have yo number?"

Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
A few days ago, Cindy Crawford was asked on a tv show if she regretted posing for Playboy. She said "no regrets" since she can look at the pics when she got older to see how great her body was back then.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
I never felt a naked woman who wasn't more attractive and exciting than she was when I felt her with her clothes on.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I never felt a naked woman who wasn't more attractive and exciting than she was when I felt her with her clothes on.
What????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness