Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,339 times

Advertisements

This is a serious question btw. I'm not kidding any time I get back into exercise apparently my hormones go into overdrive and I can't find a antiperspirant that is strong enough. The problem is not just after I exercise but even within a few hours after showering I smell myself. I have never found any girl type brands that work. I have been so desperate that I have even delved into men's brands and either those didn't work either or the chemicals irritated my skin immensely. I am using Arm and Hammer antiperspirant which I think is for men and I notice the Unscented for some reason controls odor more than the Active Sport scent I used to use. But now working out plus warm weather has me feeling stinky again. HELP!!!!

What do other women use? What do women bodybuilders use since they probably do the most intense workouts?? Do any of those new "clinical strength" brands work? I'd like to know before I go spend $8 on a stick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 04:00 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,988,650 times
clinical works for me and my husband also. The price is high and it seems to go fast,but it's the only thing we have found to work.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
I've been using Degree since high school.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:30 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
Mitchum is the only one that works for me. I sweat a LOT during workouts.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:30 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,094 times
robert mitchum!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,227,984 times
I use Dove Clinical Strength.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 AM

I don't mind sweating so much ... as long as I don't stink!

Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
This is a serious question btw. I'm not kidding any time I get back into exercise apparently my hormones go into overdrive and I can't find a antiperspirant that is strong enough. The problem is not just after I exercise but even within a few hours after showering I smell myself. I have never found any girl type brands that work. I have been so desperate that I have even delved into men's brands and either those didn't work either or the chemicals irritated my skin immensely. I am using Arm and Hammer antiperspirant which I think is for men and I notice the Unscented for some reason controls odor more than the Active Sport scent I used to use. But now working out plus warm weather has me feeling stinky again. HELP!!!!

What do other women use? What do women bodybuilders use since they probably do the most intense workouts?? Do any of those new "clinical strength" brands work? I'd like to know before I go spend $8 on a stick.

Wait, what is your goal? You mention wanting an antiperspirant "strong enough" - are you saying you want to stop sweating so much? Or do you mean that you smell bad after a workout?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:08 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
My wife uses Shower Fresh Ban stick. She does a lot of dancing (rehearsals and performances) and yoga and this seems to work for her.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 AM

Also, mtneer, make sure it's not your clothes that smell. If you shower after a workout and put on fresh deodorant and clean clothes, you shouldn't have B.O. later. I wear Degree, which is a good deodorant for me, but I sweat all over when I work out. My forehead and back always sweat, and there's nothing I can do about that. However, I have a few shirts that have some kind of synthetic blend, and no matter how much I clean them or Febreze them, no matter how much deodorant I wear or how scrupulously clean I am ... they stink. They were cute shirts but I had to get rid of them. Some fabric just retains body odor and gets stinky when it warms from your body heat.

I live in a humid climate now, which has been an adjustment. I often wear undershirts to work, thin white cotton Ts (V-neck so they don't show under my clothes) that I can bleach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness