Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What women do you find most appealing?
Slim women 146 72.28%
Overweight women 46 22.77%
obese women 9 4.46%
Skinny women 34 16.83%
Very skinny women 12 5.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM

572 posts, read 1,298,842 times

Advertisements

I'm a woman, but I think men are running out of options. There aren't many very physically fit women left in the United States. Personally, I prefer men who are healthy. I'm married, my husband is a triathlete and marathoner.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:37 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times
What on earth does the fact that you have a "small package", means that you can only date petite women? Did you know that vaginas of fat women have nothing to do with the size of their waist?

And, aren't you the same guy who said you were obese, in a relationship question?

An obese guy, only wants to date petite gals. Good luck with that.

If men are only attracted to slim women, then they better look to a lifetime of being alone, unless he is well off. There are more chunky women then ever out there. Latinas, African American, white gals are bigger than ever. Are you going to just ignore all those gals because they are chunky? Well, okay. Just more for the guys who appreciate gals who like to cook, and eat. Any guy who goes out with a woman based on one dimension, looks, gets what he deserves.

Yes, there are a lot of great slim gals out there, but there are also alot of great chunky gals out there too. Look beyond the shell...you might find something great.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:09 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,130,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Yes, there are a lot of great slim gals out there, but there are also alot of great chunky gals out there too. Look beyond the shell...you might find something great.
If only more people could/would look beyond the shell....not just in terms of weight---but overall looks/age/ethnicity, etc. Good for you, Jasper!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM

416 posts, read 637,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
First of all the video is just one man's opinion. He certainly isn't speaking for all men, really just himself. (and I doubt if many women are chasing him btw) No question that some men are attracted to heavy women just as some men are attracted to red heads. Other men like thin women. Some women go for big men, and some don't. It's all just personal taste, like some people like Toyota and some people like Ford.

the OP's poll is shyte....only get to choose between very skinny, skinny, slim, fat and obese?

how about athletic? i could care less if you are skinny or slim or a little bit of weight. i want an outgoing, athletic woman....that pretty much rules out fat and obese though....so its someone with whom i would have more interests: gym, mtb, snowsports, etc

btw...love redheads too!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,794 times
One reason why I prefer slimmer women to overweight women, sometimes it goes to show you the discipline of the person. I admit that there is a small percentage of women who have genetics working against them, but for the rest of them keeping slim (not waif skinny, but fit) goes to show that they care about their health and how they look.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:01 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,794 times
I wonder, how many women who are bashing men for not liking fat women....would they themselves date a fat man?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
I love these polls/topics where men lament the lack of slender women available to them yet they walk around with their beer bellies looking like slobs.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
No I don't feel sympathy for fat women who can't get men interested in them (and even then fat women have it easier than fat men). Try being a man, you're either too skinny or too fat, you have to work your ass off in the gym in order to be accepted by the mainstream woman with 'standards.'

Old 10-03-2011, 12:55 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
One reason why I prefer slimmer women to overweight women, sometimes it goes to show you the discipline of the person. I admit that there is a small percentage of women who have genetics working against them, but for the rest of them keeping slim (not waif skinny, but fit) goes to show that they care about their health and how they look.
This is just not true. I have seen skinny women who cannot dress and just look like complete ragdolls. For your health comment, studies have shown that being a little overweight is not harmful to one's health. A lot of skinny "healthy/skinnny" women are meth addicts and just look terrible.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
I totally agree with this. This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Goes to show that not only do they place a high importance on health, appearance, cleanliness and fitness, but it also shows that we will have a LOT more in common than just attraction because we more than likely lead similar lifestyles.

My girlfriend before my wife was a overweight. 5' 4" and although she never told me, I am guessing around 170 to 180 pounds. Thing is, even though she was overweight, she was FIT FIT FIT. I mean, 500 situps/crunches AFTER her workout fit. I mean she could out run Lao in 5k and 10k fit. She was Boris Vallejo painting fit. She wasnt a bodybuilding muscular fit, because she had a perfect amount of body fat. She was mostly latina and come from a family of fatties so she had the fat gene but cared enough about her self to not get fat .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.