Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times

Advertisements

I have very high arches and as a result I often get plantar fascitis. I used to run and then quit and now I'm going back to it using the Couch to 5 K program. The only problem is that my feet hurt! I know most people are going to say to just stop running, but it's one of the few forms of exercise I think my body was built for, plus it's free (I don't need a gym membership to do it). I really want to get back to running and would love to run a 5 K again!
Anyway, I have been using inserts from REI for high arches, and they seem to be pretty good, but not good enough. Anyone know of a good inserts/orthotics for runners with high arches that I can buy from a store, that don't have to be custom made?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Really you should just shill out the money for custom. The problem will spread up to your knees and hips if you don't. If you have some weight to shed it may just be your muscles being strained from that. I would say just soak your feet & massage them while they are getting back in shape. But, go to the doctor for better ones if your pain increases or you feel anything in your knee,hip or back.

Some info:
Running Shoe Fit Guide

I always liked nike for its good arch support.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:33 AM

3 posts, read 6,195 times
Hi
If the inserts does not feel good for you so do not use it.
I am also running and I am dealing with plantar fasciitis for more than a year now. My podiatrist prescribed me with Custom made orthotics which did not work at all. There are many things you can do to treat your PF although I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. If something works for one it may not work for the other.
Did you try Taping? I have found it very useful. Taping will keep your foot from getting injured again and will help you get through your daily routine. There are a few Taping techniques you can find in YouTube - just type "Plantar Fasciitis Taping" in YouTube search.
Moderator cut: not allowed Take care & Good luck

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 01-01-2011 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness