Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 08:53 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,409 times

Advertisements

Has anyone done a liver cleanse by Dr. Hulda Clark's method? Or any other type of liver cleanse. If so, how do you feel and would you suggest it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 12:56 PM

378 posts, read 1,063,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Has anyone done a liver cleanse by Dr. Hulda Clark's method? Or any other type of liver cleanse. If so, how do you feel and would you suggest it?

First off, Dr Clark is NOT a medical doctor. As a medical professional myself (NP)... There is absolutely no reason to do any type of bodily cleansing wether it be the liver, kidney or colon. Even douching for women is not necessary unless you are treating some type of problem and it is medicated. I'm certain any true, honest medical professional not being paid to endorse some quack product would back me up on this one. Why do they even have such products...... soley to make money off of people. It is all a bunch of BULL CRAP really. If anything these cleanses would harm you more than do any good.

Last edited by runrgirl; 03-19-2010 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 03-20-2010, 01:02 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Liver cleanses can be dangerous. I don't parrot anti cleanse info either. Really, they are not for everyone and can be dangerous. You need to do a parasite cleanse first but not everyone can do that either. Some of the herbs can be dangerous. I suggest to try liver cleansing foods first and see how you feel. In that time avoid all things that have a negative impact on the liver.(drinking,smoking, any meds, herbs, drugs, vitamins, hormones) With the herbal and the flush you medical history does come into play. There are certain conditions and intakes that would absolutely prevent you from doing this safely.

One major danger with liver cleanses is getting a gallstone stuck in a track upon flushing. Never happened to me but I hear its extremely painful. You really should go to a doctor before doing any cleanses,be med free for over a year, and prepare the body with a few years of good nutrition.

I would not do one at all if you don't have health insurance.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:33 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,227,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runrgirl View Post
First off, Dr Clark is NOT a medical doctor. As a medical professional myself (NP)... There is absolutely no reason to do any type of bodily cleansing wether it be the liver, kidney or colon. Even douching for women is not necessary unless you are treating some type of problem and it is medicated. I'm certain any true, honest medical professional not being paid to endorse some quack product would back me up on this one. Why do they even have such products...... soley to make money off of people. It is all a bunch of BULL CRAP really. If anything these cleanses would harm you more than do any good.
I back runrgirl 100%

Your body is perfectly capable of performing all necessary "cleanses" on its own. No outside help recommended or required.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:44 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,206 times
I did the Clark liver cleanse once and ended up with elevated liver enzymes that I didn't have before. No idea why. Best thing for your liver is avoid fats, alcohol and certain medications as much as you can.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:40 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,680,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Sorry, but this type of snake oil robs many people of their money and their health.

Good food, exercise and plenty of sleep/water is the recipe for a good healthy life not some magic potion in a bottle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness