Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,465 times

Advertisements

On Entertainment Tonight they have been following the life of this woman who weighs 400 pounds and wants to weigh 1,000 pouns-I guess to set a record.....
They were showing what she eats...OMG I swear you could feed a small country on what she eats in a week. All day long she shovels food into her mouth. Its just incredible how much she packs away! Its also disgusting and sad, knowinng people are starving in the world and then see this woman eating like this she should be ashamed of herself.
To top it all off, her husbnd and kids are behind her. the husband thinks she is beautiful and feeds her all the time....it's like feeding time at the zoo there. The kids even help feed her!if I was her kids I would be so embarrased at my mom. And I wonder how the couple even have sex, and how could he possibly enjoy it....or even find where to put it?!
Of course this is not healthy at all, a couple of her doctors have already quit b/c they reportedly did not want to be held liable when she ends up dying.

I would think if you want to get into the Guiness book of records you could find something better to do like worlds longest hair or the longest kiss ..not eating yourself to death!

Last edited by phoenixscorpiogirl; 05-10-2010 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,578 times
She likely is suffering from a psychological malady of some sort.
Sad part about it , she may not even make it to 1000. What does she do if she reaches the 'mark' , and needs to go to grocery? What if she ends up 'falling , and can't get up'? Indicative of a person with codependency issues , in tandem with others of a deeper , darker nature.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,195 times
I read somewhere they actually have the fat people equalivent of bodybuilding now. Instead of trying to get jacked and stuff its whoever can get the fattest.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM

That is just insane...who in their right mind would want to get like that? Even if someone offered me a million dollars to get that huge I'd rather stay poor thank you very much.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Sort of going off on a tangent, but I can't help but think WTF about food eating competitions. Like on Man vs. Food on the Food Network and etc. A human is not meant to eat food of those proportions. It's awful.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,914,110 times
I'd guess that Etacarinae has it right. This sounds like a psychological disorder. I also wonder what is wrong with the husband that he encourages this. Psych. disorders all through this family, maybe. I feel for their kids. Very pathetic situation.

However, LOL at your question about how they have sex. I've wondered that too sometimes, especially if the man and woman are both severely overweight.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
l
However, LOL at your question about how they have sex. I've wondered that too sometimes, especially if the man and woman are both severely overweight.
I cant imagine it would be a pretty sight! lol

Old 05-11-2010, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Sort of going off on a tangent, but I can't help but think WTF about food eating competitions. Like on Man vs. Food on the Food Network and etc. A human is not meant to eat food of those proportions. It's awful.
I agree with you on that.
How can people have a eating competition when others are starving in the world?
I feel guilty when my family doesn't use up all the leftovers and we have to toss them for goodness sake!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 AM

96 posts, read 264,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
On Entertainment Tonight they have been following the life of this woman who weighs 400 pounds and wants to weigh 1,000 pouns-I guess to set a record.....
They were showing what she eats...OMG I swear you could feed a small country on what she eats in a week. All day long she shovels food into her mouth. Its just incredible how much she packs away! Its also disgusting and sad, knowinng people are starving in the world and then see this woman eating like this she should be ashamed of herself.
To top it all off, her husbnd and kids are behind her. the husband thinks she is beautiful and feeds her all the time....it's like feeding time at the zoo there. The kids even help feed her!if I was her kids I would be so embarrased at my mom. And I wonder how the couple even have sex, and how could he possibly enjoy it....or even find where to put it?!
Of course this is not healthy at all, a couple of her doctors have already quit b/c they reportedly did not want to be held liable when she ends up dying.

I would think if you want to get into the Guiness book of records you could find something better to do like worlds longest hair or the longest kiss ..not eating yourself to death!
she's going to die before she makes that goal; probably of a heart attack, or other medical problems

Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbladesmiley View Post
she's going to die before she makes that goal; probably of a heart attack, or other medical problems
I know, she can barely walk across the room now as it is.
Then what about her poor kids? Shes throwing her life away and her babies are going to suffer for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness