Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Exotics and High-End Luxury Brands
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:17 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,352,133 times

Advertisements

Yes it IS a Chevy...and it's the best damn Vette EVER to have come together through American ingenuity, blood, sweat and tears.

Which car would you RATHER be strapped into, during a rollover or frontal/side impact...one of those '*****' Gallardo's....or a Z06 ?

If the mere sight of a Vette makes your heart skip a beat, you're a red-blooded American...

...if however seeing a Vette makes you snort and turn your nose up, because your brain immediately calls up performance and '*****' figures of the Vette vs. the latest 'Italian Trash'...well then in my 'never-to-be-humble-opinion'...you're nothing but an elitist snob.

And I've heard just about all the superficial whining I can take from 'elitist snobs'.

You want it ? you know where you can find it...and don't let the door of US customs hit you in the ass, as you stomp outside after hearing how much 'luxury tax' you're required to pull outta yer pasty-white 'rich-boy' rectum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 06:38 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,432,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Fiberglass. Plexiglass "window" showcasing...tadaaa.... more plastic (that hides an equally ugly engine)!!! Heavy wheels clad in ghetto chrome. Chintzy plastics with visible seams.

I did mention I liked the titanium bits here and there, but cmon... Vettes are NOT exotic. Even if they made the entire body of carbon fiber, its still a Chevy underneath, which Chevy has never been nor ever will be considered exotic.
I never claimed that a Vette was an exotic. I disputed your claim that the ZR1 was made out of crappy materials. That is simply not true, no matter how you try to spin it.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:43 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,445,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
Yes it IS a Chevy...and it's the best damn Vette EVER to have come together through American ingenuity, blood, sweat and tears.

Which car would you RATHER be strapped into, during a rollover or frontal/side impact...one of those '*****' Gallardo's....or a Z06 ?

If the mere sight of a Vette makes your heart skip a beat, you're a red-blooded American...

...if however seeing a Vette makes you snort and turn your nose up, because your brain immediately calls up performance and '*****' figures of the Vette vs. the latest 'Italian Trash'...well then in my 'never-to-be-humble-opinion'...you're nothing but an elitist snob.

And I've heard just about all the superficial whining I can take from 'elitist snobs'.

You want it ? you know where you can find it...and don't let the door of US customs hit you in the ass, as you stomp outside after hearing how much 'luxury tax' you're required to pull outta yer pasty-white 'rich-boy' rectum.
LOL...NOW tell us what you really think!

I already know which car I prefer!
I wanted it, I got it, and have no complaints about tax or any other thing

Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,870,307 times
This is a silly argument. Defining an exotic is about much more than just the performance. It's about pedigree, exclusivity, things of this nature. Webster defines exotic as not native to the place it is found, or strikingly unusual. A Corvette is a great sports car but it is not exotic. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:26 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,340,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post

The mere site of a Vette reminds me that GM failed and is taking untold billions of public dollars to die slowly.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:30 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,117,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
The mere site of a Vette reminds me that GM failed and is taking untold billions of public dollars to die slowly.
Woah guys we need some help, I'm sensing a stupid alert. If producing one of the best performing street cars on the planet at a ridiculously low price is a failure then you must have impossibly high standards.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,340,235 times
No, that's not it at all, but the post I quoted drags patriotism into car choice. So then why shouldn't the absolute failure of GM be a consideration when preparing to drop 60-100K on it's best performing car?

Old 05-08-2009, 03:46 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,117,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
No, that's not it at all, but the post I quoted drags patriotism into car choice. So then why shouldn't the absolute failure of GM be a consideration when preparing to drop 60-100K on it's best performing car?
Good point, the future certainly carries some risk with it.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM

17,221 posts, read 57,129,353 times
Although (and we have got off topic here but whatever) British Leyland has been gone since, what, 1982? And I can still get most any part I want for an MG-B.

Vette parts will be around because people like their Vettes, GM does not support the early cars that well but the aftermarket (frequently, essentially the people who made the parts for GM) supports them quite well.

Getting back to Ferarri parts - many of the parts are essentially hand-built, so if Team F gives you the bird, if you got the bucks, the parts can be made.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:43 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,752,548 times
A Corvette or Mustang in Paris France looks "exotic," I think French people dig our cars too, ... as "exotics!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Exotics and High-End Luxury Brands