Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times

Advertisements

Where did the "mine recruiter" go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 12:40 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mine Recruiter View Post
Hello,

Fairbanks Mining Company is currently seeking a Purchasing Supervisor and a Senior Resource Model. However, I am a virtual recruiter trying to connect with the working community in Alaska. How do you suggest I get the word out? I am looking for people who have working experience in the mining industry. Are there newspapers, job postings, or additional forums like this that I can find people.

You might try posting here: </title> <link rel=stylesheet href="http://bb.bbboy.net/css/alaskagoldforum_2.css" type="text/css"> <meta name="description" content="Alaska gold prospecting, mining, trapping, snowmobiling, and airboating in the Fairbanks Alaska area"> <meta name="k

And here: AMDS Prospecting Forum

It's my opinion that the majority of Alaskan miners (including me), who are active on the internet, hang out on one or the other of these two sites....

Bud

Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Where did the "mine recruiter" go?
I've never seen a credible staffing agency use these boards to recruit. There are just too many other, acceptable, ways to do it and any recruiter worth their weight would know that.

Old 07-14-2010, 01:36 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Kind of fishy that a recruiter would not know what the newspapers in the area were...all you have to do is type "Fairbanks newspaper" in Google.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:56 AM

9 posts, read 17,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
So, if someone wanted to apply for one of these positions how would they do it?
Please send your resume to Ronald Hollins at rhollins@nicherecruiter.us to apply for the open position.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM

A lot of good responses. One thing to note is that most newspapers are going online. Unfortunately, they are becoming a lot like Monster and the other job boards. They are very expensive and we don't get a lot of candidates on our investments. For example, it will take a thousand dollars to post on week and if the candidates don't read the newspaper that week we are out of a thousand dollars.

Another thing to note is that there are a lot of people applying to companies and not positions. It is very time consuming to wade through the amount of applicants to find people who have the experience and skill set for the roles.

This is why companies like Fairbanks Mining Company are utilizing recruiting firms like HR Advantages to see how we can better source candidates.

The Purchasing Supervisor role has been filed. We are currently still looking for the Senior Resource Supervisor and we are always looking for Mining Engineers. We are looking for a Senior Mine Planning Engineer, a Mine Blasting Engineer, and a New Graduate Engineer.

I think you for your responses and if you would like to apply for either one of these positions, please send your resume to rhollins@nicherecruiter.us.

Also note, that I am recruiting for other positions for their parent company Kinross. I am searching for people to work in the states of Washington and Nevada. I apologize if I do not respond immediately, but I will respond. I am trying to use every platform that I can find to help them find talent.

Thanks again for your responses.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:09 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,923,610 times
Last year I heard a stat from an oil company HR person who said that due to the lack of professionals in Alaska their professional positions like their engineers were being hired form outside Alaska 80% of the time. There just isn't enough in-state to accomodate the need. Another option may be to recruit for these positions in a gateway city like Seattle.

Last edited by Chilkoot; 07-28-2010 at 05:14 PM..

Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Kind of fishy that a recruiter would not know what the newspapers in the area were...all you have to do is type "Fairbanks newspaper" in Google.
I typed Fairbanks Mining Company into Google and the only thing close to that name that came back was Fairbanks Gold Mining Inc. Their parent company is Kinross and if you are interested in applying for a job with them you can apply online directly with the company:

Kinross: Careers

Old 08-11-2010, 08:47 AM

This is why our recruiting process is so difficult. Candidates do not work with recruiters. Yes, that is correct, Fairbanks Gold Mining, Inc. is the parent company of Kinross. Forgive me for my typo. Please go to the site which is Kinross: Homepage, but also know that if you do, we are not able to track how you you found out about the position and you will be in direct contact with a recruiter, like myself. In addition, the mine site name is Fort Knox. As a recruiter, I have additional information about the job opportunities and even information about other opportunities no posted on the site. I don't know. I have tried for months to find candidates in this region, but have been forced to source out of state. The whole purpose of this post was to provide a way to provide the job opportunities to local candidates. Again, I wish you the best. I tried to help, but I guess you just don't want my help.

Last edited by Mine Recruiter; 08-11-2010 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Grammar Erros

Old 08-11-2010, 08:58 AM

Default It is a new age of recruiting

Just to let you know. There is a new a trend in recruiting called social networking in which staffing agencies use forums like this to search for candidates. Recruiters also use social networks like Facebook, Linkedin, and MySpace. This is a new way of recruiting.

To further validate my credibility. Visit my Linkedin Profile

Ronald Hollins - LinkedIn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks