Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times

Advertisements

That's why there is a toll free phone number for complaints on the bag.

FAIRBANKS, Alaska, Jan. 22 (UPI) -- An Alaska man who pleaded guilty to throwing food at a Taco Bell manager was banned from all locations of the fast-food franchise for a year.

Warren Strickland, 31, of Fairbanks, admitted to throwing a taco at manager Carol Dzimtrowicz during the Jan. 14 incident because he was angry about his order, the Fairbanks Daily News reported Friday.

Food tossing gets man Taco Bell ban - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,808,929 times
You can't expect people who work at fast food restaurants to get your order right. After all, they wouldn't be working at fast food restaurants if they were competent.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:13 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
You can't expect people who work at fast food restaurants to get your order right. After all, they wouldn't be working at fast food restaurants if they were competent.
excuse me???!!! there are some very educated people working at fast food place trying to make ends meet...granted there are some "slow" people but that is just such a wrong statement to be making.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
excuse me???!!! there are some very educated people working at fast food place trying to make ends meet...granted there are some "slow" people but that is just such a wrong statement to be making.
And when those people were working my order didn't get messed up. Most of the time it did get messed up though and thats what I told myself so that I didn't lose my temper and throw my food at them. That was past tense because I almost never eat fast food anymore. Also that wasn't in reference to the economic times of late. People seriously take everything as an offense now and its impossible to joke about anything without someone getting mad.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:29 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
I broke a tooth on a piece of gravel that was in a bean burrito I bought from Taco Bell and I still eat at Taco Bell even though I'm guessing that through the years that they get our orders right about 60% of the time. I did complain and showed the little rock to the manager and he gave me another burrito but I certainly wouldn't yell or throw anything at him. I didn't read the story but I bet the guy forgot to take his happy pill that day.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:07 PM

Exactly. I went through the Taco Bell drive through probably 5 times last year. Each time they asked what kind of sauce I wanted they never actually put any sauce in there. So the final time I went through, I think in December, they asked "Sir what kind of sauce do you want?". I replied, "Why ask when you aren't going to put any in there anyway". They didn't think it was funny but my roommate did.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 PM

48,151 posts, read 22,016,035 times
I am afraid that some people think that for the cost of a burger or a burrito they get to abuse and ridicule the servers and that for the same 99 cents they get to feel superior and as if they are somebody. A burrito is not fine dining; the staff at the drive up window are not professionals or trained servers and the customers are not superior to them or any one else.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:05 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,925,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Wow, are you related to Leona Helmsley?

Old 01-23-2010, 02:23 PM

391 posts, read 1,030,557 times
Wasn't quite just a "Taco Bell ban" and he didn't get mad because they got his order wrong. He got mad (and did obviously handle it somewhat inappropriately) because they spit in his food.

Now he is getting national ridicule, a year of probation, etc. Probably not warranted. Better him than me.

Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Taco toss puts Fairbanks man in jail

Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 PM

124 posts, read 276,878 times
Sounds like an anger management problem for sure... I'm just curious, as a person from the L48 preparing to move to AK, do you find there are more incidents of explosive behavior during winter dark times?

Some say "cabin fever" of being kept indoors more during winter can make people over react to situations they ordinarily would take in stride. Others say not so much.
SpringerLink - Journal Article

If indeed the Taco Bell staff DID spit on his food that is just gross and disgusting, but still no call for the reaction. All the same... is throwing a taco at someone REALLY assault??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
View detailed profiles of: