Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 10:24 PM

17 posts, read 25,240 times

Advertisements

I have heard there are places in Fargo, and Bismark that pay very high wages ($20+) an hour with lots of overtime that desperately need people due to people leaving the area for the oil fields.

I also heard these companies you don't need prior experience or education in said field. They are factory/production type jobs.
Is this true? and if so what are these companies called? I live in South Dakota and plan on moving to either Bismark, or Fargo next spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 08:56 AM

3,120 posts, read 8,063,476 times
Based on my limited observations, that claim might be accurate for non-skilled labor (no prior experience or education in said field) if you lower the dollar amount to say $13/hour. That's not nearly as good as $20/hour, but much better than elsewhere in the United States. If you head out to Minot or Williston perhaps that number would increase to $17/hour but the cost of living would consume the increased wages.

I'd love to hear more about the businesses in Fargo and Bismarck offering $20/hour for inexperienced labor, too.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:01 PM

902 posts, read 1,104,704 times
$20/hr in Fargo?

dream on

there are a lot of open positions here, thousands in fact, but most pay $9-12/hr tops

for $20/hr you will need a degree and experience

Old 01-21-2016, 12:17 PM

5 posts, read 8,651 times
Most of the open positions in Fargo are closer to $12 - $15/hour. The unemployment rate is very low though, so it is possible to negotiate up a bit. Not to $20, but a bit.

Also, the oil boom has slowed down a bit, so it has less effect on the Bismarck job market. The Fargo job market has always been strong, so oil really doesn't play into it much either way.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:59 PM

90 posts, read 263,037 times
I haven't heard of any places hiring for $20/hour in Fargo without experience. Sure, if you have experience in trade jobs you can easily make $20/hour. Without experience, you're looking at $9-13, maybe more.
A lot of people are moving back because the oil fields are at a record low.

Bismark you will make more money, but the cost of living is higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo