Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 05:51 PM

660 posts, read 1,616,259 times

Advertisements

i have been noticing this from time to time in movies or tv shows.. old actresses look uglier with bloated cheeks.. i mean seriously can't they see this that they look uglier with those bloated cheeks..

why is this so popular?

obviously i have no one else to have a conversation about this so i just decided to make a thread in city data.. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 07:16 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,107,901 times
Madonna is a prime example of this these days. I guess having wrinkles is awful looking to them but this new weird puffy filled in look is no better.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:19 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,418,258 times
Yeah, chubby cheeks are supposed to be sign of youth since your faces loses fat as you age.

So, Christie Brinkley says part of the reason she's aged so well is because she has a "fat face".

Old 02-28-2014, 07:52 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
I personally don't like the look of fillers and Botox, etc on anyone. You can always tell when someone has had "work done", and IMO, it NEVER looks better. Sometimes it is just scary awful.

I agree that the older ones look worst of all - Kim Novak "plumped" her cheeks and just looks plain weird now. There are far worse things out there than a few wrinkles or lines on the face.

One actress who I do not believe has ever had anything done is Tippi Hedren, she is 84, and yes has plenty of wrinkles but she is gorgeous.

Google Image Result for http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/H/Tippi-Hedren-9333313-1-402.jpg

And for contrast, Kim Novak:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CJUBEPwdMAo

Old 02-28-2014, 08:21 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
One actress who I do not believe has ever had anything done is Tippi Hedren, she is 84, and yes has plenty of wrinkles but she is gorgeous.

Google Image Result for http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/H/Tippi-Hedren-9333313-1-402.jpg
Wow, you can really see the resemblance between her and Melanie in that picture!

Old 03-01-2014, 04:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Quote:

Tippi Hedren has GREAT bone structure.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:11 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,369,666 times
Sandra Bullock looks like she's had some "work" done, too.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:13 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,838,987 times
Quote:
I personally don't like the look of fillers and Botox, etc on anyone. You can always tell when someone has had "work done", and IMO, it NEVER looks better
I'm with you.

You may not always know EXACTLY what they've done, but it's obvious that they've done something. And not only do they NOT look better, but they somehow look off or odd.

The sad thing, OP, is that it's not just older actresses doing this stuff. There are TONS of celebrities in their 30s and 40s who regularly get Botox, etc. done. And you can tell within seconds of seeing them that they've done it. Even some young actresses in their 20s start doing it. At times, I've seen someone like Megan Fox looking kinda weird and puffy, and it's obvious she's done something to her face/lips. Why would a young actress in her 20s feel the need to do Botox?

Makes me respect someone like Jamie Lee Curtis so much more. It's not like she can't afford to get work done, yet she just says to herself, to heck with all that crap, and resists all the Hollywood pressure to conform and look "perfect." That's a woman of strong character.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:24 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brom View Post
why is this so popular?
They've been led to believe, either from actual experience or perception, that they will not be hired for roles if their faces haven't been ... enhanced.

It's tragic what women believe they have to do in order to earn a living.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:33 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
They aren't fillers either -- fillers disappear over time, absorbed into the body. It's usually cheek implants. I believe the idea behind cheek implants is that it kept a more youthful look, and it also erased wrinkles and sagging and bags from eyes, and helped erase the parentheses (nasolabial fold) smile lines we get.

And yes -- they look ghastly. I'm not against plastic surgery -- mainly because in our family we have a WICKED neck wattle as we age. But I prefer something realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty