Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times

Advertisements

I have been considering getting Lumineers instead of the regular-type porcelain caps because they advertise that for this type of dental cap they do NOT have to file your natural teeth down first.

However, in reading about them, they sound a little bit like those cheap "stick-on" artificial nails.

Can anyone comment from personal experience? I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,319,883 times
Magnoliathunder I am SO glad you posted this thread. I have been wondering the exact same thing...you took the thread right out of my mouth. Can't wait to read the posts. Good, bad or indifferent. I would also like to know if anyone has had problems with them breaking or popping off since they are just on the surface. Hope someone can enlighten us.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:15 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I do not have them, but the two people I know who do have them tend to look MUCH too toothy...sort of like a piano. All you see is a big bunch of teeth coming at you..not natural. This might be because it was not done skillfully, I don't know, but just be carefull, and see some examples of the dentist's work.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:12 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
I think of hillary duff's teeth whenever I think I want them. She had cute little teeth and then some dentist made her look like a donkey after repair on a chipped tooth. I don't have personal interest or kids that liked her around me. I just remember being shocked by the photo. It totally changed her whole face.

I want to know..If you get sick of these things...then what? Can you take them off?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 PM

Thanks for all replies thus far (Gentlearts - if you have a chance to speak with those friends who have them, I'd love to hear their input)...but as far as Hillary Duff goes, do we know for sure she had Lumineers? Seems she could afford those DaVinci crowns which are sooo expensive...I'll keep coming here to see who else has knowledge of this procedure.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:32 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Just make sure you ask the dentist HOW LONG you can expect these things to last....most only are good for about 15 years....sounds like a long time, but it's not!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,233 times
Angry Think twice before lumineers

I had them put on a few years ago and have had nothing but problems and now I'm out over 13,000. The first dentist put them on wrong. I had them removed and the new guy put them on and then the front bottoms cracked. He replaced the bottoms several months ago and just a few minutes ago one of the new bottom ones cracked from eating puffed rice snacks!!!! I got these because they're considered "cheap" but...you get what you pay for.
My advice, stay far away from Lumineers!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:43 PM

JennyCX007, thank you so much for your response. You confirmed what I had really suspected -- it seemed as if it was very much like those fake nails that are glued over the top of the nail...I'm so sorry you had that experience and hope you can find a dentist who can help you make the best of your investment. As for me, I'm staying away from them. Many thanks again.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deef1 View Post
Magnoliathunder I am SO glad you posted this thread. I have been wondering the exact same thing...you took the thread right out of my mouth. Can't wait to read the posts. Good, bad or indifferent. I would also like to know if anyone has had problems with them breaking or popping off since they are just on the surface. Hope someone can enlighten us.

Deef1, it looks like we should definitely stay away from these - don't sound like they are worth the investment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty