Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:17 AM

45 posts, read 183,600 times

Advertisements

Hey, I came across this LV bag last weekend, cost about US$5,xxx , and I just curious who is willing to buy a lady bag, which is almost a month salary to certain people.

So, what is your most expensive and cheapest bag you ever bought? What brand and when?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 06:28 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,654,534 times
Most expensive in my closet is my Fendi - I think my husband spent almost $1800 on it for Christmas last year. I have a LV, but it's not as much as my Fendi. That was a *treat* (cause I am such a good wife!) - I do not usually spend that much on purses. I wouldn't spend 5K on one - that is for sure. Not the way I go through them.

Least expensive (which are my average I spend) are my Kathy Van Zeeland purses which all range around $90 and $100 - which I buy at Macy's throughout the year when the seasons change and new designs come out.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:41 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,280 times
My most expensive purse is a Prada Croc Purse. It retails for close to $6,000. I have a Fendi that retails for about $4,000 & a Gucci tha retails for close to $3,000. I also have a Prada Ostrich purse that retails close to $3000. I got them on sale though. I try to never pay full price. My hubby got those for me too.They all cost more than my LV too. Which is the one bag I paid full price for. I got my two Prada's together I think two yrs ago from Prada in NYC I got my Fendi for my birthday about 5 yrs ago from Fendi & I got my Gucci from Nieman Marcus in Las Vegas.

My cheapest bags are my Juicy Couture dog purses a Juicy Couture that I use to knock around in & my Coach signature bags. They were all arund $300. They don't compare to most of my other purses but are all cute and serve their purpose. I got all these bags NY. I got the Juicy bags from NM &the Juicy Couture store. I got my coach bags from Macy's.

Last edited by Calibound-Yorkiemom; 10-16-2007 at 06:54 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,405,624 times
Most Expensive: probably my Chloe Paddington Limited Edition from the Selfridges Las Vegas Supernova Event (only 50 were made)

Least Expensive: black ruched satin evening clutch which I love! (I use different brooches on it based on my evening/special occasion attire. The brooches cost more than the clutch! ) I think I purchased it from Lord & Taylor, but I'm not really sure.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:26 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
I love handbags, but tend to only buy real retro ones, and ebay is great for that. I have a few "Kelly" bags ( my favourite style) including a great old Hermes one ( my most expensive which cost me about $200 on ebay) which looks as good as it did in the early 60s and a Ferragamo one from the 70s. My father bought me a Hermes bag when I turned 16 ( another Kelly ) but I no longer have it sadly.

I loathe shopping and am a terrible "consumer" so I tend to prefer having a few "classics" in my wardrobe which will last me for life. My cheapest is a lovely midnight blue crushed Silk Taffeta bag which cost me about $30 in the Galeries Lafayette sale in Paris, a few years back.
I am really fussy about handbags and only like very "structured"ones ( I hate floppy ,shapeless bags) so with the current fashion it would be virtually impossible for me to find anything I like anyway, even if I was willing to shop for it !

Old 10-17-2007, 05:04 PM

859 posts, read 3,322,758 times
My most expensive is either the LV Monogram Pochette Croissant or Fendi Mini Mama Baguette. Both were about $500.

My cheapest is a Kathy that I paid $50 for. Now she charges more in the $80 range, but this was a few years ago before she got real big.

Neither of these prices are my average though, a majority of my bags cost between $150 and $350.

I like certain bags that are in the $800 to $1,000 range, but can't afford them at this point in life. I am still pretty young.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
My most expensive is either the LV Monogram Pochette Croissant or Fendi Mini Mama Baguette. Both were about $500.

My cheapest is a Kathy that I paid $50 for. Now she charges more in the $80 range, but this was a few years ago before she got real big.

Neither of these prices are my average though, a majority of my bags cost between $150 and $350.

I like certain bags that are in the $800 to $1,000 range, but can't afford them at this point in life. I am still pretty young.
I hear ya. I didn't get into fashion at all until I was in my mid 20's. I was too busy saving for the house & the wedding. I used to carry backpacks or a variety of no named leather items I'd pick up during my stints in Europe. Sex in the City changed it for me. I became curious about high fashion because of that show &then I became addicted to it. Now that I am a 30 something I'm a full on addict. I have to slow down again though. We are looking ot buy a house again. I gotta start saving again. The one thing about my style is I don't really keep up with the present "it" bag. I like what I like. Right now I'm pretty happy with *most* of the bags I have. I only need to add a couple of more classics to my inventory.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:19 PM

859 posts, read 3,322,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I hear ya. I didn't get into fashion at all until I was in my mid 20's. I was too busy saving for the house & the wedding. I used to carry backpacks or a variety of no named leather items I'd pick up during my stints in Europe. Sex in the City changed it for me. I became curious about high fashion because of that show &then I became addicted to it. Now that I am a 30 something I'm a full on addict. I have to slow down again though. We are looking ot buy a house again. I gotta start saving again. The one thing about my style is I don't really keep up with the present "it" bag. I like what I like. Right now I'm pretty happy with *most* of the bags I have. I only need to add a couple of more classics to my inventory.

Hehe I'm 23. I love fashion now and I love love love Sex and the City. I own every season on DVD My first designer bag was a Coach when I turned 19 and from that moment on I was a bag addict getting a bag for every holiday and birthday when I was still in school. Now that I work I can buy my own yay.

I afford what I can and mix the cheap with the expensive. If I get a bag I want, sometimes then I skimp and buy less expensive shirts etc.

And if something is really outrageous, I just admire it from afar and sigh "someday". I guess sometimes student loans need priority over the Prada

Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Hehe I'm 23. I love fashion now and I love love love Sex and the City. I own every season on DVD My first designer bag was a Coach when I turned 19 and from that moment on I was a bag addict getting a bag for every holiday and birthday when I was still in school. Now that I work I can buy my own yay.

I afford what I can and mix the cheap with the expensive. If I get a bag I want, sometimes then I skimp and buy less expensive shirts etc.

And if something is really outrageous, I just admire it from afar and sigh "someday". I guess sometimes student loans need priority over the Prada
I hear ya. Like I sad you are ahead of me. I had a coach when I was very young but (about 12) it was used from my mom. Most of my teen years I was buying fakes & when I was 23 I was buying the leather bags the guys in Paris sell for like $20. i spent a couple of years in Europe in my early 20's after college.
I didn't get full on into fashion until about the year 2000 after we bought our first house. I love Sex in the City. Its so cool that you own all of the DVd's. That show ruined me. Before that I was happy getting shoes from 9 west, Parade or macy's. I was happy buying those leather bags off of the street vendors too. I didn't know any better.But by the time I hit 30 I replaced my whole warbdrobe with high end designer goods. All because of the curiosity i felt about something i never knew.

You have started even early than I did.I'm sure you will be racking up on your Prada handbags in no time. It sounds like you've been bitten by the bug.
I hear what you are saying about student loans. I just finished my 3rd masters so believe me I have my share I was just going through them today. i am also thinking of going back again for my law degree. Thats gonna pile on even more debt.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:00 AM

45 posts, read 183,600 times
Quote:

Hey! LittleMissSunshine, my wife did the same thing like you when we met! and now she has "upgraded" to middle to higher range now! Of course she do mix and match between $50 to $100 range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty