Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 AM

253 posts, read 1,107,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperieux View Post
Calibound-Yorkiemom, I buy Coach bags for everyday use too and since I've moved from the Philadelphia area to the Charleston area, I found a Coach Factory store only 20 minutes away! I just bought their new diaper baby bag for my sister that was regularly 398. and I got it for 165. I was very proud of that deal.

Since I've left the northeast for Charleston the only thing I think I miss is Nordstrom, Bloomingdales and Macy's, in that order. So now I have to shop online instead. But they do have a Saks and Gucci here so Charleston's not completely at a loss for shopping.
Factory stores a a beautiful thing girl I am so not into paying full priced for anything. I love good shopping deals. I am not into coach so much but they are really nice in both the factory store & the regular stores. It almost makes me want to buy something Maybe I will again if the mood hits me. Right no I'm obsessed with my European designers. I'm sorry to hear you are missing your stores but its good you can find them, online. Isn't technology great our mothers never had it so good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I'm not going to pay more than $30 for a purse. Maybe a little more if it's leather and I'm going to keep it for a long time. Purses are completely utilitarian items for me.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:01 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
My most expensive bag is a ridiculously ginormous Gucci tote that I rarely carry because I stuff it full. Seriously, I think my 2 year old would fit inside!
My least expensive is a purple suede Maxx New York bag with lots of cool hardware. I really like that bag too.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:26 AM

45 posts, read 183,582 times
After so many posts from you all, I gather that the most cheapest bag might not be the least favorite handbag. Instead, the most expensive handbag will be the one use the least! Correct me if this is not correct!

So I am think whether is this a good return to invest into the expensive handbag?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Woo View Post
After so many posts from you all, I gather that the most cheapest bag might not be the least favorite handbag. Instead, the most expensive handbag will be the one use the least! Correct me if this is not correct!

So I am think whether is this a good return to invest into the expensive handbag?
Actually, I use my more expensive bags daily and my cheaper bags are in hibernation in the sleeper bags.

I liken expensive bags to jewelry. You wouldn't hesitate to wear a 20K+ engagement ring everyday would you? So why would anyone hesitate to carry a 3k+ handbag daily? It's just another accessory like jewelry. If you take care of your handbags, they'll last your lifetime and then some.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:

I can't tell you the last time I used my Coaches. I rotate my bags often but the four bags i tend to use the most nowadays are my fur Gucci, My fur Fendi my LV(I like the white mulitcolors) & My Gisele (because its pink) My Fendi & Gucci bags are cost more than 3k a piece & my LV is 1300 & the Luella is 1k. I also throw my Marc jacobs & one of my Diors in from time to time. i tend to rotate these bags because i still don't see them walking down the street all the time like I see people wearing the coaches. In fact i have yet to see someone wearing my Fendi or Gucci.
They are not my expensive ( although the Gucci & Fendi are among the most expensive) they are not my least expensive either. I have a lot of bags and many nice ones that I rarely carry from my fendi bagettes to some of my other most expensive bags the Prada Croc & my prada Ostrich bags & the Judith Lieber. The reason I don't carry those bags as often is because the are smaller bags. I prefer to carry my larger bags. I'm a size queen. expense has little to do in my decison making process.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 PM

45 posts, read 183,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
In fact i have yet to see someone wearing my Fendi or Gucci.
Cool!

Old 11-06-2007, 09:48 PM

Thumbs up Loving my hubby

Quote:
Cool!
Today is my anniversary and my hubby bought me home my Chanel. It is so awesome. Although it was his idea to get me one he has been so busy at work that I thought he may not have the time to get it & I felt no need to remind him. It wound up being a complete surprise. I love himI. He is so sweet he really did it up this yr champagne, Godivas, flowers & this awesome Chanel quilted Shearling bagIt definately revivals some of my other purses.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:19 AM

394 posts, read 2,003,451 times
I guess I'm pretty "cheap" as far as some of you, $$ wise. My dh bought me my first expensive Gucci bag about 20 years for the low price of $300.00. Now I prefer Dooney & Bourke, I have three of them averaging about $250.00 each. That's about as high as I am willing to go. I won't buy fakes, either.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,804,066 times
I am just amazed that anyone... especially women... find handbags as some kind of status symbol. I mean, really, do you think people find you more desirable because you carry a designer handbag? Does this make you more desirable in your own eyes? If not, exactly what do you think it makes you more of?

I guess I am just a very utilitarian-type of person. A purse, a handbag, i.e., whatever you want to call it, is only as good to me as it is functional... quality-made of good leather, and if I can put all my things in it... and then find what I'm looking for when I need it... it's a great bag to me! Same with clothes, shoes and all other accessories... good quality and a good fit then I am highly satisfied.

I am astounded that people would pay astronomical prices for something others decided on a whim that it was "the thing" to have, simply because it has a "name" on it... something that serves absolutely no usefulness other than as a carryall.

Come on, ladies, it's just marketing! And, they're laughing all the way to the bank... with YOUR money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty