Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times

Advertisements

I paid close to 400 for the teeth whitening kit from the dentist. Little rubber retainer things and some syringes of whitening stuff.
The technician gives me a run down on how to use it that was...well she wasn't the most clear communicator. Plus I was reluctant to start and now its been over 2 months and I can't remember her confusing directions.
Something about you can judge whether your using the right amount if you go through so much of a syringe in....? many days? Anyway, a healthy drop in each tooth well or what?
I guess you do the top first and then do the bottom? Just do them till its as white as you like?
Since I have a top tooth that's sensitive, can I do the top one night and the bottom the next and switch off?
I have to wear for a minimum of 4 hours? Or was it 3?
One of the reasons I didn't want to start this is that I have braces retainers that I am supposed to wear for 14 hours a day according to the orthodontist. So I can't figure out when to fit these in really since I wear the ortho retainers at night. I guess I'll have to start wearing them during the day again. They don't tell you when you get invisalign braces as an adult that basically you wear them forever. (Don't get me started, was not worth 7,000 no way).
I wish they had a piece of paper flyer type thing but I asked and they didn't! Can't hardly believe that for 400.00
Directions, tips appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 08:14 PM

218 posts, read 455,228 times
Bless your heart! If you know the actual name of it or name of the perscription, can you google it? Mr. Google always has answers!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I have a similar thing I got from my dentist for about the same price. The rubber molds are an exact replica of my own teeth. My dirrections are to put a drop in the mold of each tooth, and wear the thing overnight. The stuff I have is "Nite White ACP".

Old 10-03-2010, 01:35 PM

141 posts, read 417,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I paid close to 400
Dollars? Jeez.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 PM

161 posts, read 563,585 times
i have tried two kinds recently. opalescence - a drop in each tooth indentation in the tray and can be used overnight or twice a day for an hour each time. never had any sensitivity but the process is slow. last week my dentist gave me perfecta rev! and told me only 15 minutes once a day. i forgot i was using the new and used it for almost 30 minutes. the next day my teeth were sore. so i skipped a day and am now diligent about the 15 minute timing.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,448,034 times
I also had a mold made of my teeth; I put a large drop of whitening solution in each tooth space, wear the upper and lower trays at the same time, and leave the trays on for 1-2 hours. I paid $250 for the trays and my dentist gives me the solution for free. I go through a syringe of solution in about 10 days. Results are very gradual. If you are having sensitivity problems, go back to your dentist and speak to him/her about switching brands. I'm sorry to hear about your Invisalign experience; my orthodontist talked me out of getting them because of the long time commitment associated with them. :/

Old 10-04-2010, 10:53 AM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
I got a mold made of my teeth from the dentist some years ago, I think it was $200. Worked okay but now I use the Crest professional whitestrips (they really stick on) for about $49. For me they work as well or better....

Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,708 times
Oh no. That's really expensive that is why I chose to buy home teeth whitening online! I tried it and it works for me.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:25 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
Crest Whitestrips work WONDERS! Really! My dentist always marvels at how white my teeth are.
Remember that ANY whitening product can make your teeth VERY sensitive...use a sensitive formula toothpaste while doing this!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
You can buy those molds and syringes online for like $50. Same stuff works great. I've bought them and they work. You get a generic plastic mold, you heat it up with hot tap water to soften it, bite into it to make it fit your teeth and after it cools - you have the same thing your dentist charges you $400 for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty