Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times

Advertisements

I am also blessed with naturally thin genes & am not planning on gaining a bunch of weight in menopause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
What the? Why was that necessary?

I don’t give an “eff” about the wedding, that was my question – am I the only one who DOESN’T care? All my workmates are going gaga over it.

And for the record, honey, I am pretty sure I will always remain this weight. My whole family is very tiny. We just don’t have the metabolism to gain weight. My mum started menopause 10 years ago and she is tinier than I am, so I can assure you I wont be reposting.

Sorry for my rudeness everyone else but I thought misty was terribly rude to me so I'm just giving it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 05:32 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
ha ha some are in for a rude awakening

I know some women are bigger through their choices, some are bigger regardless of what they do.

Understanding hormones, genetics and enviornment do help in being less judgemental on the issue.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Yes, I agree....which is why I read a dozen or so books on the subject, before I turned 40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

I know some women are bigger through their choices, some are bigger regardless of what they do.

Understanding hormones, genetics and enviornment do help in being less judgemental on the issue.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,800 times
Yeah, you'd think the fat people would feel bad since they are helping cause the USA to remain and be the fattest country in the world. lol

Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Honey, when you hit 50 (or whatever age and hit menopause), re-post. In the meantime, be grateful your PMS goes away each month. Mine never does.

Ever since the periods stopped coming, the weight started coming.

Oh, and you must be very young, and who really gives a flying EFF about some stupid "royal wedding?" My guess is you watch American Idol and Dancing with the Stars too - total class act.
Ummmm......57 yrs. here....... I did not gain weight with menopause.....because I DID NOT let it happen.

You have to adjust your eating habits as you age, it's not rocket science.

Menopause and pregnancy.....neither one is a reason to get fat, though a lot of women like to use them as excuses.

BTW, I consider menopause one of the BEST things that has ever happened to me.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummmm......57 yrs. here....... I did not gain weight with menopause.....because I DID NOT let it happen.

You have to adjust your eating habits as you age, it's not rocket science.

Menopause and pregnancy.....neither one is a reason to get fat, though a lot of women like to use them as excuses.

BTW, I consider menopause one of the BEST things that has ever happened to me.
why?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
No more periods!

Old 03-02-2011, 12:32 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post

Some people have an easier time not gaining weigh, or losing it once lose, than others, this is true. Even the same person at different times in life.

That fact is, however, no excuse for those people who have to try harder to let themselves go.

Just because you are stupid doesn't mean you should drop out of school. That is self destructive. Just because you are poor doesn't mean you should stop trying to get a better job. That is self destructive. Just because you gain weight easily doesn't mean you should stop dieting and exercising. That, too, is self destructive.

In the end, if you give up, it is you (and then your spouse, if you are married) that are hurt most.

P.S. - I'm not arguing for the stigmatization of obese people (an important distinction, obese people versus obesity itself) -- it is far better to make people feel good about where they could be if they put in the effort than bad about where they are. The former gets results, the latter just makes people get defensive and start making excuses and attacking others instead of wanting to make positive change in their lives (just like the person in my quote is doing).

P.P.S. - Celebrating a major health and aesthetic problem because people have ran out of hope to save themselves is the saddest thing. . Also counterproductive.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I am so sick of seeing these shows/magazines about “curvy and proud” women, “real” women.

The majority are overweight with clear health issues and terrible eating habits.

So because I am thin, I don’t have a “real” woman’s body?

And why is it is ok for a larger person to make fun of a thin person (skinny *****), but if the thin person does the same thing it’s discrimination?

I have friends who are all shapes and sizes and I love them all the same, but I don’t think it’s right for this kind of thing to be encouraged.

Does anyone agree?
No you're not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty