Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be happy if a loved one got many TATTOOS all over their body?
Tattoos are cool, I would be happy if my family got them 0 0%
Having a Tattoo is a personal choice, it is their choice 31 81.58%
I would be hurt and upset if someone in my family got TATTOOS 4 10.53%
I would cut off and disavow anyone in my family who got a TATTOO 3 7.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Index of Florida Naturist Organizations and Newsletters

Oh.

who's the "prude" now??

Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
What's this have to do with having or not having tattoos? Besides anyone can find theses sites through Google.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
What's this have to do with having or not having tattoos? Besides anyone can find theses sites through Google.

The poster I was responding to seemed to indicate that he had a problem with me walking around in the nude.

Bodies are beautiful without any additional artificial adornment.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:57 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
Tattoos are a personal choice and, although I don't want kids at the moment, if I did ever have a son/daughter who wanted one I would advise them to think long and hard about it first but I wouldn't stop them. Anyone who would disown their child simply they got a tattoo needs to take a long, hard look at themselves and stop trying to control their kids' lives. As long as they're old enough, it is no business of yours.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:47 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
I have one tattoo, it is 'Live for God' in Aramaic, in the same form as in the original text of Galatians 2:19. It is on my leg, and I don't really care if no one else ever sees it. It is a personal reminder, and while it can be a good conversation starter, I didn't get it for anyone other than myself.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
I think people need to learn to accept what OTHER people are going to do no matter WHAT because it's THEIR decision!!!!! THEY wanted it, THEY made their mind up to get it! (despite the fact that he sounds like he is influenced by what is around him ie: his friends).....

My mom hated my tattoos when I started to get into them (I was 18 when I got my first one, I'm now 25 and I have 4!)

I got my latest one on my 25 birthday, it's some old english script writing on my left shoulder that is VERY tasteful. Even if someone gets something that other people might deem "untasteful" there's NOTHING YOU can do about it. It was THEIR decision!

All you can do is accept their decision.

(My mom has finally warmed up to my tattoos)

Old 10-09-2008, 06:42 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I think people need to learn to accept what OTHER people are going to do no matter WHAT because it's THEIR decision!!!!! THEY wanted it, THEY made their mind up to get it! (despite the fact that he sounds like he is influenced by what is around him ie: his friends).....

My mom hated my tattoos when I started to get into them (I was 18 when I got my first one, I'm now 25 and I have 4!)

I got my latest one on my 25 birthday, it's some old english script writing on my left shoulder that is VERY tasteful. Even if someone gets something that other people might deem "untasteful" there's NOTHING YOU can do about it. It was THEIR decision!

All you can do is accept their decision.

(My mom has finally warmed up to my tattoos)
I agree with you, except my mother still hates tattoos and, in no uncertain terms, told me so.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:16 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I agree with you, except my mother still hates tattoos and, in no uncertain terms, told me so.
So did mine actually. After she died I had a portrait of her tattooed on my back.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:17 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Hey, if they want to do it, it's their prerogative. The fact that it's just a leisure suit you can't ever take off again is entirely beside the point.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 AM

192 posts, read 631,598 times
My son is 35 - no tatoos. His feeling is one of thankfulness at waiting and not making that decision when he was "legally" able to decide - BUT not as mature as needed to make a solid decision that could be with him for life. One thing that bothers me today is that it seems that once "youngsters" get the first tat they may be more likely to get another. When I see a visible tatoo it does affect (just a tiny bit - and yet still there) how I perceive that individual.
That being said my daughter has a teeny tiny anchor on her shoulder. We love boating ,which helped somewhat ,but I still cringe. She "gets it" now that she has two daughters! Bottom line - if a mature decision is made vs "I'm a grown-up" and or antiestablishment (tough if you don't hire me) OR WORSE - if one is still young enough to put something permanent on their skin because their friends are ALL doing it I worry about the soundness of that decision. I remember ALL the conversations with my children and realize they are going to exercise their adult rights and I'm very,very thankful it's over. Good luck to any parent in that position!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty