Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 AM

56 posts, read 127,624 times

Advertisements

Positive attitude makes everything beautiful around us. I agree that people wearing skin fit jeans look slimmer and taller. I think that comfort is necessary than fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I find absolutely nothing attractive about the idea that a woman would wear a size 9 shoe. That's Angelina Jolie's shoe size. My HUSBAND has smaller feet than that, for crying out loud. Those are some serious man-hoofers she's got. And actually, models typically have stupidly big feet. And spidery fingers. And then they accentuate their feet by wearing these impossibly pointy-toed clodhoppers, and call it high fashion.

Silly, really.
You know, this is a rather silly post.
Women that are 6 feet tall are supposed to wear a size 5 shoe?
Really?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:44 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
LOL...

They may tip over.

I don't even think I know a guy who wears under a 10 in mens.... which would be a 13 or so in womens shoes.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
LOL...

They may tip over.

I don't even think I know a guy who wears under a 10 in mens.... which would be a 13 or so in womens shoes.
You know what they say about men with small feet......

Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
I find absolutely nothing attractive about the idea that a woman would wear a size 9 shoe.

Silly, really.
Your post is silly. Paris Hilton who I think is absolutely stunning (much more so in person than on tv or pics) has some big feet. I dont know womens sizes but I would think that she's a 9 or 10. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
You are right, it is silly, to have an issue regarding a woman's shoe size!
My teenager, a very stunning and feminine girl, wears a size 9-10, because she is tall!! Often height equates to shoe size so how one can say that has anything to do with attractiveness is beyond me!

Quote:
I find absolutely nothing attractive about the idea that a woman would wear a size 9 shoe. That's Angelina Jolie's shoe size. My HUSBAND has smaller feet than that, for crying out loud. Those are some serious man-hoofers she's got. And actually, models typically have stupidly big feet. And spidery fingers. And then they accentuate their feet by wearing these impossibly pointy-toed clodhoppers, and call it high fashion.

Silly, really.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:19 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Your whole body is actually in proportion to itself, so your foot measures about the same length of your forearm...

So, a tall woman wearing size 9 shoe is completely standard, according to the nature of her DNA.

Now, if you were talking about a 5' woman with size 9 feet, then yes, that would appear to be fairly ridiculous.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Your whole body is actually in proportion to itself, so your foot measures about the same length of your forearm...

So, a tall woman wearing size 9 shoe is completely standard, according to the nature of her DNA.

Now, if you were talking about a 5' woman with size 9 feet, then yes, that would appear to be fairly ridiculous.
I'm 5'10", my forearm is actually longer than my foot, I wear a size 10.....so does that mean I get to escape the label of having "man-hoofers"?
I mean, really, how ridiculous of that poster to even utter that.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I'm 5'10", my forearm is actually longer than my foot, I wear a size 10.....so does that mean I get to escape the label of having "man-hoofers"?
I mean, really, how ridiculous of that poster to even utter that.

Yeah, it's supposed to be the space between the inside of your elbow to your wrist. (Give or take...)

Mine is on point.

I'm 5'8" and depending on the shoe style, I vary between 8's and 9's myself, LOL

Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
I do think that Angelina Jolie has a beautiful face. Her body looks to be a 'fit' body. It's not a body that i would 'aspire' for IF i were to do so lol.

I dont compare myself to anybody anymore. There is no way i can look like any model or star - with any amt of makeup, hair dressers, or workouts - I'm 5'2.5" tall with naturally curly hair that does what it wants to, and i finally let it! And I am mixed race - both of them meaty lol..

So i guess it's interesting to see how society feels about women it sees as beautiful, but it really doesnt matter to me or effect me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty