Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times

Advertisements

....on your very first date with your current SO? (Husband, wife, fiancé, current boyfriend...?)

Our first date was a casual movie date. I wore really short white shorts, a slinky green low-cut tanktop, and strappy leather sandals. The hair was long and straight and boring like it still is today! No makeup. One pretty rose ring on my right hand, a black silky cord around my neck with a silver Tara pendant, and some dangly earrings. That was 17 years and two kids ago and we still love our movie dates!

Who else remembers these kinds of things? Another thread here on C-D ( //www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...ld-i-wear.html ) made me stop and think about my first date with my hubby. Sweet memories!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 01:26 AM

14 posts, read 42,010 times
You're so perfect!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I don't remember the top. The bottom was a short suede skirt that laced up the back. I got it at a vintage shop in NYC years before. We went to a movie - Jumpin Jack Flash. And then we went to a Halloween party at my friend's brother's house. Turned out the brother's wife and my husband knew each other from childhood. That was October 30, 1986. We were married May 5, 1991.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Not for the original first date in high school, no. Later, when we started dating again, I came to see him by train because my car was iffy. I wore a long, wraparound brown skirt with little white dots, a short-sleeved white top, a fitted denim vest, and brown lace-up boots. My hair was short and red then.

I remember what he was wearing too: shorts and a tank top with a picture of a lizard on it.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:13 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I wore a fitted tweed "hunting" jacket with velvet lapels and cuffs( something a little like this http://www.longmelfordsaddlery.co.uk...sParkRoyal.jpg) , silk top, long beige flowing skirt and navy blue shoes with small bows. My Grand-Mother's pearls, mother of pearl dangling small earrings and a silver ring.

He wore beige slacks a blue shirt and a navy jacket. Brown suede shoes. Navy socks with a little spiral pattern.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
We went to the video arcade on our first date. I wore a budweiser t shirt with the three frogs on it, black jeans and black boots. He wore a white polo shirt, jeans and black boots. That was 15 years ago. I was cleaning the garage the other day and I found my old t shirt and a bunch of little notes I wrote to him back then, all hidden at the bottom of his tub of man junk (mostly old license plates and posters of cars).

Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
I met my DH when we were both backpacking in Europe as college students. We lived 30 miles away from each other back in CA. Go figure. The first "date" (which is when we ditched everybody else) was in Venice.

I was wearing a polyester houndstooth-check pantsuit my mother made me so I'd have some "nice" clothers that could be rolled up in my pack. I know for a fact I was wearing clogs I bought in Copenhagen because I'd broken my best sandles getting on the roller coaster in Tivoli Gardens.

Polyester and clogs. The height of "in" in the 70's.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Grey hoodie with a black cardigan over that, both over a black t, and deep grey strait legged skinny jeans, black and white striped socks with lace at the top. Small silver hoops, understated mary janes, black peacoat with a grey scarf and pearl pin.

We were just planning to hang out as friends and wanted to be comfortable as we were just going to cook and watch something on tv. In person the sparks flew and I ended up kissing him.

I only remember too because of him laughing at how hard the skinny jeans were to remove and he dragged me across the floor in them half off with me laughing my butt off.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Grey hoodie with a black cardigan over that, both over a black t, and deep grey strait legged skinny jeans, black and white striped socks with lace at the top. Small silver hoops, understated mary janes, black peacoat with a grey scarf and pearl pin.
Peacoat + cardigan + hoodie + shirt + scarf ... where was this, Iceland?

Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Dont remember the top, probably a black sleeveless top though since it was July, white fitted Bebe pants...and black heels...I met him straight after work, our first informal date was at an Irish bar, some stout and snacks. Originally we met at 1am at a steakhouse/bar and I had quite a bit of wine that night as my best friend was crying on my shoulder over a bottle of wine about her upcoming divorce, and I met him. So we had an informal date to make sure we still liked each other lol, then the next date was more formal, dinner at a waterfront restaurant and a movie. He remembered me telling him that I was always cold, and he brought a jacket to the movies just in case, and at that point I thought, hmmm he might be a keeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty