Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 PM

739 posts, read 2,187,017 times

Advertisements

I've settled into a style but I'm thinking about doing something different.

Irish linen shirt or a crisp white cotton shirt, black or blue jeans, Justin Ropers casual leather boot (polished), belt color and wallet always match footwear color, 18K mechanical wind vintage Swiss watch, leather jacket or jeans jacket, leather brief case. That's my look. Boring?

(No sweats outside the house, no dirty or worn out jeans, no sneakers, no ball caps, no cologne, no jewelry other than watch.)

What style in men's fashion says 'this guy has it together?' The classic looks, mature casual and dressy, and current trends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
Originally Posted by willdufauve
Quote:
Male Fashion - What is Style??
99% attitude (feeling content with myself) and 1% of whatever clothes I happen to be wearing.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
"(No sweats outside the house, no dirty or worn out jeans, no sneakers, no ball caps, no cologne, no jewelry other than watch.)

Thank You. I appreciate that. Your wardrobe sounds good. Not into the cowboy boots but other than that-like the linen or crisp BB oxford.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Guess the stuff I like on guys may not be suitable for some areas. Where I live its comfortable (not tight) jeans, flannel shirts or tank top (as long as he doesn't look like a grizzly bear, yuk!) and an occaisional baseball or cowboy hat. But then, isn't that what most (or former) rodeo cowboys wear these days?
I'm not real big on high fashion or dress to impress. But then like mentioned, that's probably what makes me ... Weird? Different?
If you don't mind my asking, where are you from, dressed so sharp?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
I perfected this look sometime last week.

Same shirt, but french cuffs. And I drove all the way up to Trumbull to pick up that tie.

This picture is from the express website which I snipped. I'll post my own soon. I need to remember the next time I do this outfit.

And that is Antlered Chamataka style

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...47-capture.jpg

Pretty amazing tie. I set it on top of my tie mount and stared at it for two days.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Same shirt, but french cuffs. And I drove all the way up to Trumbull to pick up that tie.

This picture is from the express website which I snipped. I'll post my own soon. I need to remember the next time I do this outfit.

Pretty amazing tie. I set it on top of my tie mount and stared at it for two days.
Man, you must like ties.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:44 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
To me, individual style matters less for a guy than style in the classic, general sense...that of being well-groomed, and pulled together/non-sloppy, regardless of what his individual sartorial taste is. I like it more when particular "look" comes off as effortless and and afterthought, versus something that was carefully orchestrated/dwelled upon. Too fussy/too much attention to everything being just so comes off as a bit too anal for my taste.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 AM

17 posts, read 42,416 times
That´s a classical style for men. Very nice and elegant outfit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 AM

885 posts, read 1,522,279 times
willdu your style sounds fine!

I'm not crazy about the denim or leather jacket, but that's just me. It sounds like you could make changes to your 'core' style now and then and still feel like 'you' : a more interesting belt or shoes, a different jacket, or even a pattern on that button-down shirt. Sometimes a change is nice, even temporarily. The seasons and weather are a good excuse to break it up a little.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
Irish linen shirt or a crisp white cotton shirt, black or blue jeans, Justin Ropers casual leather boot (polished), belt color and wallet always match footwear color, 18K mechanical wind vintage Swiss watch, leather jacket or jeans jacket, leather brief case. That's my look. Boring?
I like it. (I'm trusting the white shirt is crisply pressed. )

Chamy: It's a good thing you're thin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty