Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I can't understand other people committing to having something like that on their body forever. There's nothing I like that much that I would want on my body forever.
My tattoos commerate certain times in my life, good and bad. I can look at them and really be introspective about my past and future. It may seem odd to someone who doesn't have tattoos, but it makes sense to me. I can't imagine not having my tattoos, I think it would make me feel naked without them, if that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:35 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Those cut off shirts! It's like the designer was resurrecting them from the 90s!
I agree! Shirts with the sleeves cut off look horrible on guys...even the well-built ones.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My tattoos commerate certain times in my life, good and bad. I can look at them and really be introspective about my past and future. It may seem odd to someone who doesn't have tattoos, but it makes sense to me. I can't imagine not having my tattoos, I think it would make me feel naked without them, if that makes sense.
Makes sense to me! I've had tattoos since I was 16, and I'm now 34 (35 in October) - so I've had them for MORE than half of my life, and I can't imagine my skin without them.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I can't understand other people committing to having something like that on their body forever. There's nothing I like that much that I would want on my body forever.
Well, then you're probably not a good candidate for tattoos.

I had plenty of things to choose from, that I could see having on me forever... they each represent something that doesn't change, like a lost loved one or "innate" part of my soul. Again, to each his/her own, but some of us are comfortable with making that kind of commitment. I only regret one or two of my individual tattoos (out of 15ish?), but those were easily handled with a cover-up. Overall I love having ink, and couldn't picture myself without it!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Knee socks like we had in PE class, with maybe one or two stripes at the top. Even better is the look with short athletic shorts.

Two words: leisure suits

Oh wow, LOL. I remember the knee socks & shorts, although I didn't often commit that crime myself... and my father was definitely guilty of the leisure suits! His favorites were the plaid suits, though, complete with suede patches on the elbows. Oy vey.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think that's cool. Love a nice tatt!

Old 06-14-2011, 02:12 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Sagging
Women in velour sweats outside the house
Fake breasts
Plump lips

Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopinchic View Post
And now for a moment to be extremely superficial

What fashion/beauty/appearance trends do you hate the most?
Without question stupid high heeled shoes women wear.

Talk about being a masochist!

Why women wear these stupid foot deforming torture devices I'll never understand!

They make as much sense as the old whale bone corsets women used to wear then faint 'cause they were so tight women couldn't breath.

Stupid,stupid, stupid............

Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Fake breasts
What about fake breasts on a woman after a mastecomy?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:56 PM

169 posts, read 159,591 times
skinny people
they are not normal and look repulsive and act obnoxious as they THINK they look good.

skinny scrawny women wearing tight pants to show their flat azz.
skinny people who think they look good w/ribs, collar bones, hip bones poking out

EAT SOME FRIGGING FOOD you grotesque looking people. when we look at you we want to gag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty