Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 AM

81 posts, read 238,586 times

Advertisements

I had this guy friend who is telling me he is not going to marry his Caucasian girlfriend of three years because he knows by the time she is in her mid 30's she can pass to be a grandma. I thought that was pretty insensitive of him, but he told me he was stating fact. He said intimacy is important and that he wants to be a one woman guy. Exceptions are rare but most white women by the time they reach there mid thirties or past menopause will not age well.

I tried to dissuade him, telling him he is shallow, but he said most men know this and that is why many white mgob marry Asian women. but do you think it is purely genetics or something philosophical. I understand most of you might exaggerate, but chances are you do not age better than an African American women or an Asian women. That is the genetic parts of it. You can try celebrities but more times than not that celebrity is mixed with another ethnicity. Lindsay Lohan or Gabrielle Union, who would have thought that union is almost 15 years older than Lohan. Almost all those anti aging creams you see in commercials are geared towards white women. Most botox and plastic surgery clients are white women. Practically almost every single black and Asian women in there late 30's can easilybpass as a women in her 20's. It is really just that most white woman and Latino women who just don't have that factor.

I brought this up because I've been observing and many men do carry his mindset. look at this link

White Women age so quickly « Don’t Marry.

He said he thought he had its prize, but he said that there is a philosophical thing about this, patience. If you wait a little while and don't get consumed by the looks of a person right away you can get yourself a queen that you would be able to desire for a long time rather than just a few years.

Last edited by prinessdanika99; 06-16-2011 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Who says "caucasian"? You must be a black chick.

Your friend is stupid.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
Can I sum up the rest of this thread in one post? I don't know, let me try.

White women are beautiful, that's so racist!

No, white women are old wrinkled and ugly - they should hide in their closets after age 30 so as not to hurt our eyes!!

30?? Try 24 1/2! White women peak at 24 1/2 and THEN they become hideously ugly!!

Black women are hotter!

No, Chicanas are the best! Or Asians! Or mixed race!!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:28 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Old 06-16-2011, 09:28 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
I would never marry someone who married me only - or mainly - bc of looks. As much as beauty counts, a true, solid marriage is way more than that.

I hope your friend tells this to his fiancee, so hopefully she is the one who will refuse to marry him, no matter what ethnicity they are.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I would never marry someone who married me only - or mainly - bc of looks. As much as beauty counts, a true, solid marriage is way more than that.
I dont know about that. I sometimes think my wife married me for my good looks and huge package. Dont have much else going for me other than my warm caring personality and charm. Not rich at all.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
First, I have to say that race-baiting is a terrible, terrible thing

Men/Women/Gay/Straight/Fat/Thin/Young/Old/Pretty/Ugly/Black/White/Asian/Green/Purple or whatever labels society feels the over-whelming need to assign to any given person - Should marry whomever they like, whenever they like and however they like. Love should ALWAYS and I repeat ALWAYS be the first consideration when picking your life partner.

As far as aging, yes, caucasian women age quicker due to the type/lack of of melanin in their skin. Sunburns and sun damage is known to cause wider problem in those with lighter skin color.

It's just not the big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:33 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
And the title of the thread? It should be "their"... not "there". Literacy is attractive, too!

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I dont know about that. I sometimes think my wife married me for my good looks and huge package. Dont have much else going for me other than my warm caring personality and charm. Not rich at all.
This counts a lot!
Much more than looks, which will eventually fade anyway.

I mean, no one wants to marry an ogre but I truly believe personality is much more important.
Every marriage has ups and downs. Ultimately it is the personality of both spouses that keeps everything together.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:35 AM

402 posts, read 1,406,393 times
Unhappy So shallow and racist . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinessdanika99 View Post
I had this guy friend who is telling me he is not going to marry his Caucasian girlfriend of three years because he knows by the time she is in her mid 30's she can pass to be a grandma. . . . If you wait a little while and don't get consumed by the looks of a person right away you can get yourself a queen that you would be able to desire for a long time rather than just a few years.
D@mn! That is shallow!

Marry for love not for how old you predict your partner to look at a specific age.
People also, go bald, get fat, and have diseases. Does your friend exclude mates bases on those predictions too?
Next we'll hear that "a friend" won't marry a specific race because they are more likely to get cancer.

Maybe your friend should marry a blow-up doll: she'll never look like a grandma. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty