Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times

Advertisements

Do women consider what's beautiful on a woman different from what men view as beautiful? It seems like women who think that other women who are attractive are not considered attractive among men. For example, a woman gets a boob job and all her girl friends love it. She then goes to her boyfriend and he says he liked them natural. I realize that some men are actually into fake boobs but not all. But still, do both sexes have different perceptions of women's beauty?

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 07-11-2011 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 10:33 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I've been friends with many different groups of both men and women, and there is a distinct difference between the way they treat each other. Women will compliment each other even if they KNOW the other woman looks like crap... they simply don't want to hurt another persons feelings. In addition, I think many women 'get off', if you will, on knowing another women (especially a friend) looks bad because it makes them feel more confident about themselves. They may say 'wow, your boobs look amazing after that boob job!' But inside they're thinking 'Wow, she looks soooo fake, what a ho!!'.

Men on the other hand rarely tell each other they look nice, because they'll be called gay by their friends. My male friends give me compliments, but they're usually thinly veiled insults Like, one of my long time male friends recently told me my boobs 'don't look that saggy'... which was both nice and wtf at the same time. Gotta love my guy friends

Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
My husband once said to me that women and men are very different creatures. A woman will get naked and say to herself I hope he doesn't notice my boobs are sagging, my stomach isn't flat, my hair is bad.... we fill our heads with negative thoughts.....

A man just thinks -- NAKED LADY NAKED LADY NAKED LADY!!!!

So yeah -- women are hypercritical....

Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My husband once said to me that women and men are very different creatures. A woman will get naked and say to herself I hope he doesn't notice my boobs are sagging, my stomach isn't flat, my hair is bad.... we fill our heads with negative thoughts.....

A man just thinks -- NAKED LADY NAKED LADY NAKED LADY!!!!

So yeah -- women are hypercritical....
HAHAHAHA!

I think everyone is different no matter what the gender is but men are more likely to be as posted in quotes. HA! Some men are more visually picky than others. (just like women)

Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 AM

Lol so most men only care about their SO being naked and not imperfections? Sweet!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:31 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Lol so most men only care about their SO being naked and not imperfections? Sweet!
Within reason of course. I hate it when I am not freshly shaved. He could care less as long as it doesn't go to "hippie length"

Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I'm sorry. I love the boobs. I don't love boob jobs.

Besides, what's the use of boobs when the person has a man's face, like many women in the gym. Not attractive at all. A hot body and not so good face just doesn't cut it.

Is this form of perception good enough?

Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
HAHAHAHA!

I think everyone is different no matter what the gender is but men are more likely to be as posted in quotes. HA! Some men are more visually picky than others. (just like women)
All women look the same in the dark.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
All women look the same in the dark.
That's why I keep the lights ON

Old 07-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm sorry. I love the boobs. I don't love boob jobs.

Besides, what's the use of boobs when the person has a man's face, like many women in the gym. Not attractive at all. A hot body and not so good face just doesn't cut it.

Is this form of perception good enough?
Ouch. I think I've seen that before. There was this one lady who was a body builder on what not to wear and she was too pitbullish and muscular. Seriously she reminded me of a pittbull
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty