Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,923,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
Victoria's Secret. Can't stand that store sometimes. I mean, who the hell buys sequined bras and panties? It gives people more reason to wear see-through and skimpy clothes to show their "sexy underwear and bra". They have the PINK line and is the epitome of why most females dress so tacky these days..bling on a hoodie, and don't even get me started with the letters on your ass. I don't understand why people go gaga for their stuff.. it's the reason why people can be so annoying. ugh And clearly, VS understands their appeal to these people who are obsessed with them and releases multiple scents at a time. i can remember a few years ago when they only had a few scents and I could remember them but now, I can't even keep up. If you think about it, it is a "mid-end" trashy store with "sexy" articulated all over their stuff. Their quality is horrible, yet they charge $50 for them when you can buy much better bras at Macy's. I don't remember the last time I saw a VS ad or product with "sexy" written and articulated all over them.
Gotta agree. Of course I am biased as they do not have my bra size, since according to VS, no one could ever be above a DD. And they do a horrible job of fitting women and their models. If you look at the catalogs, no one is even wearing a proper fitting bra. I'd be surprised if even 10% of their models could legitimately shop for bras at VS and get their proper size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,923,038 times
I put Aber-crappy and Holllister on the list for sure. I mean who can even step foot in the store with all that nasty cologne much less shop there. I cross the street (or the mall) to get as far away as possible from the smell.

Cache is way overpriced for clothing that looks like it came from the cheap trendy store where everything costs $10.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,991,973 times
Quote:
Teenage girls wear their stuff, for the most part. You should know that...or not.
You're still avoiding my question. Is it really that hard for you to understand some girls are sexy and they know it?! By the way, teenage girls are at an age where they've just blossomed and at a point where their newfound sexuality is new and therefore they're very aware of it!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM

877 posts, read 2,014,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
You're still avoiding my question. Is it really that hard for you to understand some girls are sexy and they know it?! By the way, teenage girls are at an age where they've just blossomed and at a point where their newfound sexuality is new and therefore they're very aware of it!

I thought I clearly made my point there. There are plenty of sexy women out there who don't flash their boobs and wear these kinds of clothing outside and when they do, it's only for their own pleasure or for their significant other's pleasure..intimately. Are you saying that it's okay for young teenage girls to wear a lace top with their bra showing underneath? Just because you are aware of you think of yourself as sexy does not mean wearing flashy clothes that just scream out attention. There's a difference in knowing you're sexy and actually trying hard to show your "sexiness".

Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,647,244 times
^^ and, like any teenagers, they are subject to poor taste and paying an exorbitant price for shoddily made merchandise. I'm honestly amazed that VS has any customer base OUTSIDE of dumb teenagers who don't yet understand what constitutes quality.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
^^ and, like any teenagers, they are subject to poor taste and paying an exorbitant price for shoddily made merchandise. I'm honestly amazed that VS has any customer base OUTSIDE of dumb teenagers who don't yet understand what constitutes quality.
You get me!
I will not pay $25 for a simple-looking bra that will rip apart in 5 wears.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I thought I clearly made my point there. There are plenty of sexy women out there who don't flash their boobs and wear these kinds of clothing outside and when they do, it's only for their own pleasure or for their significant other's pleasure..intimately. Are you saying that it's okay for young teenage girls to wear a lace top with their bra showing underneath? Just because you are aware of you think of yourself as sexy does not mean wearing flashy clothes that just scream out attention. There's a difference in knowing you're sexy and actually trying hard to show your "sexiness".
Why do other girl's and women's choices bother you so much? Are you sure there isn't some insecurity, jealousy, envy, resentment, etc. at the root?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Why do other girl's and women's choices bother you so much? Are you sure there isn't some insecurity, jealousy, envy, resentment, etc. at the root?
Why do teenagers who shop at Hollister & Abercrombie & Fitch, who dress "preppy" bother YOU so much? Are YOU sure you aren't envious of the adolescence they have that you never had? People agree with my points that VS clothes are great, yet you choose to continue to argue with me. Are you offended because you are a consumer of their poorly-made products? Your premises clearly show that you are offended by the comments I've made about the store & their products. There's no envy or jealousy as I've once shopped there but realizing there are many quality brands out there, what is there to show? I'm criticizing their expensive, low-quality products, which are obviously rip-offs.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,788,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree with Aeropostale- their quality isnt' the best and it's impossible to find one shirt that doesn't have the store's name on it.

I actually love Abercrombie & Fitch. You can call me too old to be shopping there if you want, but the quality is great, the tops care cute, and they always have a great selection. My son and I both shop there for our clothes.
I'm tempted by some of the stuff in Abercrombie but am always instantly scared away by the pounding music and heavy perfume standards to every store.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Why do teenagers who shop at Hollister & Abercrombie & Fitch, who dress "preppy" bother YOU so much? Are YOU sure you aren't envious of the adolescence they have that you never had? People agree with my points that VS clothes are great, yet you choose to continue to argue with me. Are you offended because you are a consumer of their poorly-made products? Your premises clearly show that you are offended by the comments I've made about the store & their products. There's no envy or jealousy as I've once shopped there but realizing there are many quality brands out there, what is there to show? I'm criticizing their expensive, low-quality products, which are obviously rip-offs.
I never said those stores bother me. I have Abercrombie in my closet. I described why I think those particular stores popped up so much in this thread. As for you, I'm curious about what you're sharing on here. I'd like to understand why it bothers you so much that some other women dress sexy and like certain stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty