Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:35 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,405 times

Advertisements

The pics of me are few...handful here and there...more of the kids and pets. I, too, hate to be photographed. I don't get taking pics of oneself driving whilst wearing huge sunglasses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
I agree, Crazy, I used to have friends on FB that took self-shots quite a bit. I only had like five, something to mix-and-match as profile pictures for a little variety but that was it. It's one thing if one goes on a lot of vacations and such, but otherwise...it's annoying. I couln't imagine taking tons of pictures of myself all the time, I can barely look at myself in the mirror, but that's just me.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 PM

258 posts, read 450,749 times
Although it bothers me to see the narcissistic photos people put up, photos like this let me realize how vain some people are. There's a few I never had thought were vain, but they post SO MANY bathroom cellphone pictures that they think are flattering. I can see a teenager doing this but these people I'm thinking of are either nearing 30 years old or past it... Time to realize those pictures are not impressive.

Another thing is that I'm at that age where everyone has been getting engaged, married or had kids. I love kids, and I know my friend think their kids are their world... I know my future kids will absolutely be my world!!
But I do NOT need to see the flood 45+ pictures a day, 32 status updates of your child, 6 videos a day posted all about their kids. I love checking in on them or even ten photos a day is fine but I know some people who have added over 25 pictures per day of her only kid for a little over a year now (he's one year and two months). Hid her from my news feed but still can't avoid the comments!!

I'll get rid of Facebook... Soon.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnella View Post
Although it bothers me to see the narcissistic photos people put up, photos like this let me realize how vain some people are. There's a few I never had thought were vain, but they post SO MANY bathroom cellphone pictures that they think are flattering. I can see a teenager doing this but these people I'm thinking of are either nearing 30 years old or past it... Time to realize those pictures are not impressive.

Another thing is that I'm at that age where everyone has been getting engaged, married or had kids. I love kids, and I know my friend think their kids are their world... I know my future kids will absolutely be my world!!
But I do NOT need to see the flood 45+ pictures a day, 32 status updates of your child, 6 videos a day posted all about their kids. I love checking in on them or even ten photos a day is fine but I know some people who have added over 25 pictures per day of her only kid for a little over a year now (he's one year and two months). Hid her from my news feed but still can't avoid the comments!!

I'll get rid of Facebook... Soon.
Great post! I have a 17 year old cousin who takes less pictures of herself than my 30 something friends. What's interesting, too, is all of these women are married, with kids yet they take endless pictures of themselves. I can almost understand playing with the phone and/or camera, but do you have to post every single photo of your face? One chick takes the same picture, but with different eye make up on..she seriously looks like Insane Clown Posse. She never smiles, just a slight duck face. I want to ask her why, but I don't want to embarrass her...obviously she likes her image, and that's ok, but I counted...she has 24 pictures of her kids, 7 of her husband and 264 of herself.

I have kids, too, and there are just a few pictures of them up...I have 4 of them, and a good deal of single friends, so I know how it goes with endless posts of how awesome my kid is. Enough already.

I like Facebook for a number of reasons, but it seems like every 6 mos or so I need to clean house; hide people or delete them altogether.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
I have a few acquaintences on Facebook that literally take pcs of themselves almost daily. Why? I finally hid them because I got tired of them in my news feed. These people are in their 30's, so it's not like they are kids...if they were, I'd chalk it up to immaturity.
Kind of reminds me of people who incessantly post pictures of their perfect little precious tots in every imaginable activity and pose. Look at little twins Hayden and Jayden playing ball in the backyard. Here's little Braelynn coming out to play with Hayden and Jayden. Isn't that cute, let's post 100 pictures of slightly different poses just to show how perfect they are. Oh and by the way, did I mention that they were all "gifted"...

What's really priceless is watching moms have picture competitions. Oh yeah, you think that Hayden Jayden and Brayelynn are precious? Well look at the pictures of little Madison's birthday party. Here are pictures of all her friends, Addison, Madelyn, Peyton, Brooklyn, Evelyn, Ashlynn, Camryn, Kaitlin, Caitlin, and Katelynn! Oh my God aren't they adorable? Here they are in the bounce house. And here is a picture of the bounce house flying away in a gust of wind with Kaitlin, Caitlin and Katelynn inside! And here's the ambulance crew bandaging them up. Oh aren't they just perfect! And Madison is gifted, by the way, if I forgot to mention that.

All I can think is, oh my god, better get a bucket in case I can't ignore these indulgent news feeds fast enough.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I just checked my facebook and have come to the realization that the only pictures I have of myself are ones in costume. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

As for people who post pictures of themselves constantly: Narcissism. That or they're models (which I have a few friends who indeed are models).
I reckon thats a good thing !

Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Kind of reminds me of people who incessantly post pictures of their perfect little precious tots in every imaginable activity and pose. Look at little twins Hayden and Jayden playing ball in the backyard. Here's little Braelynn coming out to play with Hayden and Jayden. Isn't that cute, let's post 100 pictures of slightly different poses just to show how perfect they are. Oh and by the way, did I mention that they were all "gifted"...

What's really priceless is watching moms have picture competitions. Oh yeah, you think that Hayden Jayden and Brayelynn are precious? Well look at the pictures of little Madison's birthday party. Here are pictures of all her friends, Addison, Madelyn, Peyton, Brooklyn, Evelyn, Ashlynn, Camryn, Kaitlin, Caitlin, and Katelynn! Oh my God aren't they adorable? Here they are in the bounce house. And here is a picture of the bounce house flying away in a gust of wind with Kaitlin, Caitlin and Katelynn inside! And here's the ambulance crew bandaging them up. Oh aren't they just perfect! And Madison is gifted, by the way, if I forgot to mention that.

All I can think is, oh my god, better get a bucket in case I can't ignore these indulgent news feeds fast enough.
Are we friends with the same people on Facebook? LOL!

You nailed the names....My daughter had in her class this year: Brayden, Jaiden, Hayden, Aiden, Kaylee, Bailee, Hailey, Raley, Sailey. No lie. I felt bad for her teacher. Out of 200 kids, there are 45 Kaylees (all spelled differently, I imagine)

Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Do people even put what's really on their mind on their status update? All I see these days are "Thank God for my family" or "I have the best husband ever!" or "My love is the best"....come on...Really? Really?

Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Do people even put what's really on their mind on their status update? All I see these days are "Thank God for my family" or "I have the best husband ever!" or "My love is the best"....come on...Really? Really?
hahaha

So they're everywhere then?

Why all of a sudden do people feel the need to make all these public statements!? I hide the annoying ones from my status updates.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
hahaha

So they're everywhere then?

Why all of a sudden do people feel the need to make all these public statements!? I hide the annoying ones from my status updates.
Ha! You answered MY question...they are everywhere!
I have a few friends that have the best, smart azz status updates...I love them.

The others "I'm so awesomely blessed!" or "My family is the best family evah!" or "I love being so spoiled" make me wanna vomit. I'm all for positivity, but come on! It's look at me! I'm Anthony Robbins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty