Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times

Advertisements

So irritating IMO.

I'll see girls riding the bus to their job at wal-mart or micky d's, yet they'll have a gucci bag or Louis Vuitton purse with them

like really? Hunni, you're not fooling anyone, you're not high class. I feel people like that actually bring the name down. Even though they prob saved up for like a year and boguht, only to be broke because of it.

Perhaps the bag should read "I bought into the gimmick" or the "I bought into the hype"

Also, when one walks through the airport and u see people with Louis Vuitton luggage, yet they're sitting in coach class by the bathroom? LOL it's like "seriously? u have Louis luggage that u prob paid almost a grand for yet u gonna be sitting in coach class?"

Or the person that will get a luois vuitton du-rag to put on their head? I call it a rag, but whatever.

What the best I think, is when someone corny looking person who is walking thru the supermarket on their blackberry (cheap version of an iPhone) wearing Gucci shoes, with a Louis Vuitton belt and D&G sunglasses, while wearing a pair of old navy jeans LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 10:08 AM

861 posts, read 1,124,547 times
No, I don't really care for designer brands, and not because I can't afford them but b/c it's too common. I dislike when other people have what I have.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:14 AM

52 posts, read 78,034 times
buying overpriced brand names seems pretty sheeple to me. i dont buy them no matter how much i make. the best most creative clothes i have were hand made and i got so many complements from strangers when i was wearing them. it bugs me just as much seing all the wealthy people wearing brand names, its all about doing what other richer people are doing. and they all look the same

Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I refuse to wear logo'ed clothing or carry logo'ed bags. I paid for a piece of clothing, they are not paying me to advertise.

I've felt that way since the 1980's, and people started wearing Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:23 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
So irritating IMO.

I'll see girls riding the bus to their job at wal-mart or micky d's, yet they'll have a gucci bag or Louis Vuitton purse with them

like really? Hunni, you're not fooling anyone, you're not high class. I feel people like that actually bring the name down. Even though they prob saved up for like a year and boguht, only to be broke because of it.

Perhaps the bag should read "I bought into the gimmick" or the "I bought into the hype"

Also, when one walks through the airport and u see people with Louis Vuitton luggage, yet they're sitting in coach class by the bathroom? LOL it's like "seriously? u have Louis luggage that u prob paid almost a grand for yet u gonna be sitting in coach class?"

Or the person that will get a luois vuitton du-rag to put on their head? I call it a rag, but whatever.

What the best I think, is when someone corny looking person who is walking thru the supermarket on their blackberry (cheap version of an iPhone) wearing Gucci shoes, with a Louis Vuitton belt and D&G sunglasses, while wearing a pair of old navy jeans LOL
well...I hear what you are saying. Many of those bags are fakes and bootleg versions. Blame China. I think it is called Balling on a budget. You seem very offended by this. I mean have you ever been to your local flea market? That stuff gets smuggled in the USA, then these Flea market people buy it whole sale, flea market shoppers buy and next thing you know you see them heading to Wal Mart with their flea market bag. I think the True Religion Jeans is the one I see the most.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
well...I hear what you are saying. Many of those bags are fakes and bootleg versions. Blame China. I think it is called Balling on a budget. You seem very offended by this. I mean have you ever been to your local flea market? That stuff gets smuggled in the USA, then these Flea market people buy it whole sale, flea market shoppers buy and next thing you know you see them heading to Wal Mart with their flea market bag. I think the True Religion Jeans is the one I see the most.
I am offended by this. It's so pathetic IMO

Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Why get offended? If they're knock offs their not spending that much money anyhow. And even if they did, it's their money.

I'm not a fan of the logo stuff myself but I don't get bent out of shape because someone else likes it.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Why get offended? If they're knock offs their not spending that much money anyhow. And even if they did, it's their money.

I'm not a fan of the logo stuff myself but I don't get bent out of shape because someone else likes it.
I'm not exactly bent out of shape about it lol

I just think people should stop fooling themselves. The only reason someone would be the knock off version of a designer item is to give the fake appearance of having said designer item.... faux-classy BS IMO.

So tacky. I dont like being around tacky people.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Why? If there is a demand for fake product, there will be a supply for it. People do what they have to do to feel good about themselves. Would you actually go up to one of these girls you see and tell them, them being poor but owning nice things Offends you? Would you really do that?

Old 10-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post

I kinda see the point the OP is making. I think we all want to look good and feel good, but In my opinion people should support the real firm that provides the item. Supporting the China fakes is where the REAL issues are. Has anyone ever seen the movie Blood Diamonds? They have those kids over there making fake jeans and fake bags so we can act rich. A guy with fake stuff is one thing, guys like to front for women, but when women buy all this fake stuff who are they trying to please?? Most man can care less about what bag is on your arm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty