Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I gotta say, it's pretty awesome.
Every time I see the thread title I remember this response. It still makes me laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 AM

63 posts, read 132,760 times
It doesn't suck.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
This thread needs a theme song:

MIMS - This Is Why I'm Hot - YouTube

Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
I like Express clothes on women.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This thread needs a theme song:

MIMS - This Is Why I'm Hot - YouTube
I'm hot cause I'm fly. You ain't cause you're not.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
The ones on tthe previous page,you guys do know leering isn't specific to beautiful women?

In any event,what's the difference between being beautiful and sexy?
As I understand it,the two aren't exclusive?

Can you be ugly but have sex appeal,and beautiful with no sex appeal?

I would rather have sex appeal.

I've read that Angelica Houston is ugly,but has sex appeal?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The ones on tthe previous page,you guys do know leering isn't specific to beautiful women?

In any event,what's the difference between being beautiful and sexy?
As I understand it,the two aren't exclusive?

Can you be ugly but have sex appeal,and beautiful with no sex appeal?

I would rather have sex appeal.

I've read that Angelica Houston is ugly,but has sex appeal?
I've never thought of that, but you're completely right. I've seen angelic looking beautiful women that had very little sex appeal (unless you're a pedo and into little girls) and I've seen unattractive women with tons of sexual energy emanating out of them. I've always thought of the younger Angelic Houston as beautiful, but when I actually look at her face, she's borderline ugly. Your theory works.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:20 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
When I was around 12 years old, there was this girl whom I was friends with, she was a year older than me, everyone always talked about how pretty she was, she was idolized by everyone, all the boys wanted to be with her, the girls wanted to be friends with her, she was really sweet too. I never though much about looks because I wasn't raised to care about that at all, but I do remember sitting behind her on the bus one day, I watched how everyone was looking at her, and I wondered what it would be like to be her, and how magical it must be. I really thought if I looked like her, my life would be totally different, it was like she was this alien thing I could never truly understand.

As a child and preteen, I was a gawky tomboy who went through a long, bad awkward stage. I thought I was unattractive and always would be. Within a couple years things started to change, we were all growing up, and experimenting with new looks. I guess I blossomed, I had no idea, I still thought I was going to be ugly, but one day I went to the movies, this group of boys started howling, whistling, and just being ridiculous teenage boys trying to get attention. I was trying to figure out what was going on, and the girl I was with was telling me, "they're doing that to you" I did not believe her, but it kept happening everywhere I went, suddenly boys were looking at me, and people started talking about me being the pretty girl in school, and even when I was with my "magical" friend people were looking at me.

The only reason I'm sharing this story is because it didn't make my life feel magical to find out I was considered physically attractive, I didn't change, or feel different inside, I've always just been me. Life didn't become magical, perfect, and easy with everybody handing me stuff left and right. It's not like being attractive means you are always happy, bursting with pride, and walk around basking in stares and adoration. No matter what you look like life has hard times, you still have heartbreaks and failures, people you love still die, awful things still happen. People roll their eyes when I say looks just don't matter that much, but it's true, I care so much more about who I am than what I look like. Nobody sits around thinking about what they look like all day, and if they do they are probably thinking about their flaws anyway.

I'm quite introverted, I've never liked to think about people looking at me even if it's in a positive way, mostly it makes me uncomfortable and self conscious, I have always ignored it. I can't imagine basking in that, or enjoying it so much other people would think that I loved being stared at. Maybe the woman on the train was having a really good day, maybe she just landed her dream job, or got engaged and was just glowing, if she were truly sitting there thinking "I'm beautiful and everyone here knows it," I don't think that would look attractive. People who seem to be demanding others look at them are not attractive to me, even if they have beautiful features. Whenever I have noticed and been truly stunned by a beautiful person it's been in everyday moments when the person does not seem aware of how beautiful they are.

Last edited by detshen; 03-09-2013 at 02:33 AM..

Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
Whenever people visit my house they are surprised by the number of mirrors I own.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
It's great! Thanks for asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty