Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,262 times

Advertisements

These are just my opinion of course, I realize there are many who will love these products.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - Runny, watery product that does nothing for length or volume. Even the waterproof formula transfers onto my skin within a couple of hours.

MAC Foundations-I haven't used all of them, but the ones I have tried felt very thick and heavy on my face. They clogged my pores up and caused horrible cysts. I absolutely swear by MAC eyeshadows and blush though-they are the best for those.

Stila Eyeshadows (especially in Kitten)-Maybe if I was under 20 I would like these, but they're just too frosty and glittery for my 33 year old eyes. I like a little shimmer if it stays where I placed it, but for some reason the Stila shadows have terrible fallout and I'll wind up with glitter all over my face. Application has made no difference for me. Their matte shadows are chalky and almost nonexistant (and the darker colors still have that fallout).

Proactive-This stuff is very coarse and gritty, did nothing for my acne but make it worse because it's so abrasive (I absolutely LOVE the Green Tea Moisturizer though).

Pantene-Causes horrible build-up.

Anything by Cover Girl- Just cheap all around.

Look forward to all of your responses!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
Maybelline Great Lash is wonderful and not watery at all. Inexpensive and effective, I've heard multiple makeup artists swear it's just as good as the expensive stuff.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Maybelline Great Lash is wonderful and not watery at all. Inexpensive and effective, I've heard multiple makeup artists swear it's just as good as the expensive stuff.
I know that a lot of people love it, but I still think it's an awful overrated product. IMO

Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,053,608 times
Fake tan (any kind). I don't care what anyone says - you can always tell it's fake.

And I agree - proactive is horrible! See a dermatologist and take care of your skin properly. Don't rely on "As Seen on TV' gimmicks for something as precious and important as your skin.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 AM

877 posts, read 2,013,563 times
Agree with you on the MAC foundations. Horrible smell.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:51 PM

860 posts, read 2,717,068 times
I do not like Great Lash either. Too spikey and harsh. I do love Covergirl ExactEyelights mascara, it has subtle pearly shimmer and good consistency, but I do not like most Covergirl make-up. Hate Pantene and Proactive is not as good as Neutrogena Acne line.

Not over-rated? Everpure haircare, Loreal Voluminous Mascara and Aveeno skincare with soy-the cleanser and the moisturizer with SPF 15. These are great no matter what you can afford.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:44 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,786 times
Dior mascara, I do not know why this mascara has such a large following because the formula is horrible and the tube dries out in like a month. Actually Dior anything, I've had bad experiences with everything I've bought thats Dior because its cheaply made for a higher end brand. So I don't buy Dior period.

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, it makes you a greasy mess, will oxidize horribly, and will come off on everything.

I don't think MAC foundation is overrated because its a mid-range brand, so the quality is about right for the price.

I also don't think any drugstore makeup is overrated because its drugstore so I wouldn't expect stellar results, mediocre at best.

NARS, the product longevity is crap especially for the price.

MUFE HD, the whole system is overrated.

Lancome foundation was good until the formula changed now its trash.

Philosophy, I don't get the hype at all and I think most people love it because they think it makes them cool and its defiantly over priced.

VS, quality is extremely poor for their pricing and another brand people flock too wanting appear cool.

Last edited by Shysister; 02-03-2012 at 03:17 AM..

Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 AM

99 posts, read 218,514 times
Great Lash is terrible.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:08 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
These are just my opinion of course, I realize there are many who will love these products.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - Runny, watery product that does nothing for length or volume. Even the waterproof formula transfers onto my skin within a couple of hours.

Proactive-This stuff is very coarse and gritty, did nothing for my acne but make it worse because it's so abrasive (I absolutely LOVE the Green Tea Moisturizer though).
My sister uses idol lash for to help keep her eyelashes up to par. She was trying on new glasses since she had been using the product and noticed her eyelashes now hit the glasses and curl when she puts them on!

As far as Proactive goes, I like everything except the toner. The first thing that is a little abrasive makes your skin feel much more smooth and clean after you rinse it off. However, the toner causes me to break out so I just finish up with the repairing lotion or whatever it's called. The mask thing they have in the little tube is useful too.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Dior mascara, I do not know why this mascara has such a large following because the formula is horrible and the tube dries out in like a month. Actually Dior anything, I've had bad experiences with everything I've bought thats Dior because its cheaply made for a higher end brand. So I don't buy Dior period.

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, it makes you a greasy mess, will oxidize horribly, and will come off on everything.

I don't think MAC foundation is overrated because its a mid-range brand, so the quality is about right for the price.

I also don't think any drugstore makeup is overrated because its drugstore so I wouldn't expect stellar results, mediocre at best.

NARS, the product longevity is crap especially for the price.

MUFE HD, the whole system is overrated.

Lancome foundation was good until the formula changed now its trash.

Philosophy, I don't get the hype at all and I think most people love it because they think it makes them cool and its defiantly over priced.

VS, quality is extremely poor for their pricing and another brand people flock too wanting appear cool.
I've heard NARS eyeshadows and liners are terrible. I've been wanting to buy one of their blushes for a while now, I've heard the blush has good staying power or does it not?

I absolutely hate the Philosphy Hope In a Jar but I love some of their perfumes.

Is VS Victorias Secret?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty