Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times

Advertisements

Nothing wrong with wanting to look younger: less wrinkles, bags, clearer skin...but do most middle aged women, and men for that matter, really want to look like they're just out of high school? The most extreme examples are those celebrities with their extensive plastic surgery.

I find things like botox just ridiculous, if I may say so. What happened to ageing gracefully?

I find the idea of a 60 year old woman looking 30 CREEPY to be honest. Looking 45 or something, maybe, but you should at look AROUND your age, not vastly different, like a mask.

Who agrees with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:23 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Do you watch alot of TV?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 PM

160 posts, read 335,125 times
Have you ever heard of anyone looking for the fountain of youth? Oviously if we all could stop the hands of time and remain looking young and youthful we would. Nobody grows old gracefully, thats why we wear makeup, dye our hair, wear sexy clothes, exercise and eat healthy so we can stay young. Do you get it now!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockytibby View Post
Have you ever heard of anyone looking for the fountain of youth? Oviously if we all could stop the hands of time and remain looking young and youthful we would. Nobody grows old gracefully, thats why we wear makeup, dye our hair, wear sexy clothes, exercise and eat healthy so we can stay young. Do you get it now!!!
Sure, if I could stop time I'd want to look like I was 20 for 200 years years. BUT since we only have maybe 90-100 years at best, I'd rather look my age. Imagine in the future a woman who looks 25 dying of old age?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
I don't think 60-year-old women are capable of looking 30, even with extensive surgery and other procedures. Besides, the hands never lie. Have you seen Madonna's hands? They give me nightmares.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't think 60-year-old women are capable of looking 30, even with extensive surgery and other procedures. Besides, the hands never lie. Have you seen Madonna's hands? They give me nightmares.
I won't be surprised if they'll have cosmetic surgery for hands, if they haven't already.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Trimac20 No matter how much younger a person feels or thinks they will look with cosmetic surgery etc....they're really only fooling themselves...Some of us are blessed with a naturally youthful appearance, and can sometimes pass for a lot younger...but others who resort to surgery never EVER look younger...at least not to me anyways......The quest to remain younger looking is a multibillion doller industry....obviously there are a lot of (I believe)mislead and gullible people who trully believe it is possible..

Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Trimac20 No matter how much younger a person feels or thinks they will look with cosmetic surgery etc....they're really only fooling themselves...Some of us are blessed with a naturally youthful appearance, and can sometimes pass for a lot younger...but others who resort to surgery never EVER look younger...at least not to me anyways......The quest to remain younger looking is a multibillion doller industry....obviously there are a lot of (I believe)mislead and gullible people who trully believe it is possible..
I believe the problem is not that they're gullible, but that they would be so hung up about artificially looking younger. Perhaps it would be better if those people were born lobsters.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:05 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
I dont' think there's anything wrong with things like botox, but some people take this kinda thing a little too far.

Personally...I can't see myself ever trying botox or anything similar. However, I wouldn't totally rule it out.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I won't be surprised if they'll have cosmetic surgery for hands, if they haven't already.
That's true. I bet you can get Restylane injections or whatever that goo is that plumps up the creases. I think I have heard of knee lifts too--tucking up the skin around the knee that gets a little saggy. But the elasticity of the skin, the whites of the eyes, the quality of the teeth, the health of the gumline, etc., are all subtle indicators of age.

I fully admit that I scrutinize the lines on my face and use special moisturizers; I want to look younger and have a healthy appearance. However, I think some women are not realistic about what a 20- or 30-year-old looks like. I've heard women in their 40s say how people think they are in their early 20s. They do not. That's delusional. Emma Watson just turned 21. Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney's little sister, is 20. Hayden Panettiere is like 22. You cannot be 45 and look like Emma Watson. Being carded at the grocery store does not mean that everybody thinks you might be underage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty